"Great support, prices, and service! I recommend you guys to all my friends. Keep it up!..."
- 134.4 Gbps memory bandwidth (maximum)
- TeraScale 2 Unified Processing Architecture
- 1120 Stream Processors
- 56 Texture Units
- 128 Z/Stencil ROP Units
- 32 Color ROP Units
- PCI Express® 2.1 x16 bus interface
- "Eye-Definition" graphics
- DirectX® 11 support
- Shader Model 5.0
- DirectCompute 11
- Programmable hardware tessellation unit
- Accelerated multi-threading
- HDR texture compression
- Order-independent transparency
- OpenGL 4.1 support
- Image quality enhancement technology
- Up to 24x multi-sample and super-sample anti-aliasing modes
- Adaptive anti-aliasing
- Morphological anti-aliasing (MLAA)
- 16x angle independent anisotropic texture filtering
- 128-bit floating point HDR rendering
- AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology1
- Independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls, and video overlays
- Display grouping
- Combine multiple displays to behave like a single large display
- AMD EyeSpeed visual acceleration2
- AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology3,4
- OpenCL 1.1
- DirectCompute 11
- Accelerated video encoding, transcoding, and upscaling
- UVD 3 dedicated video playback accelerator
- MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- MPEG-2 (SD & HD)
- Multi-View Codec (MVC)
- MPEG-4 part 2 (DivX, Xvid)
- Adobe Flash
- Enhanced Video Quality features
- Advanced post-processing and scaling
- Dynamic contrast enhancement and color correction
- Brighter whites processing (Blue Stretch)
- Independent video gamma control
- Dynamic video range control
- Dual-stream HD (1080p) playback support
- DXVA 1.0 & 2.0 support
- AMD HD3D technology5
- Stereoscopic 3D display/glasses support
- Blu-ray 3D support
- Stereoscopic 3D gaming
- 3rd party Stereoscopic 3D middleware software support
- AMD CrossFireXTM multi-GPU technology6
- Cutting-edge integrated display support
- DisplayPort 1.2
- Max resolution: 2560x1600 per display
- Multi-Stream Transport
- 21.6 Gbps bandwidth
- High bit-rate audio
- HDMI 1.4a with Stereoscopic 3D Frame Packing Format, Deep Color, xvYCC wide gamut support, and high bit-rate audio
- Max resolution: 1920x1200
- Dual-link DVI with HDCP
- Max resolution: 2560x1600
- Max resolution: 2048x1536
- Integrated HD audio controller
- Output protected high bit rate 7.1 channel surround sound over HDMI with no additional cables required
- Supports AC-3, AAC, Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio formats
- AMD PowerPlayTM power management technology4
- Dynamic power management with low power idle state
- Ultra-low power state support for multi-GPU configurations
- AMD CatalystTM graphics and HD video configuration software
- Unified graphics display drivers
- Certified for Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP
- AMD Catalyst Control CenterTM
- Software application and user interface for setup, configuration, and accessing special features of AMD Radeon products.
- AMD Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPortTM connectors, and/or DisplayPortTM compliant active adapters to convert your monitor’s native input to your cards DisplayPortTM or Mini-DisplayPort? connector(s), are required. SLS ("Single Large Surface") functionality requires an identical display resolution on all configured displays.
- AMD EyeSpeed is a set of technologies designed to improve video quality and enhance application performance. Full enablement of some features requires support for AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology and/or AMD’s Universal Video Decoder (UVD).
- AMD PowerPlayTM and AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) are technology platforms that include a broad set of capabilities offered by certain AMD Radeon? HD GPUs. Not all products have all features and full enablement of some capabilities and may require complementary products.
- Requires application support for AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology. AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing technology works with applications designed to take advantage of its GPU acceleration capabilities.
- AMD HD3D is a technology designed to enable stereoscopic 3D support in games, movies and/or photos. Requires 3D stereo drivers, glasses, and display.
- AMD CrossFireX? technology requires an AMD CrossFireX Ready motherboard, an AMD CrossFireXTM Bridge Interconnect (for each additional graphics card) and may require a specialized power supply.
The entire information provided herein are for reference only. PowerColor reserves the right to modify or revise the content at anytime without prior notice.
|Graphics Engine ||RADEON HD6870 |
|Video Memory ||1GB GDDR5 |
|Engine Clock ||900MHz |
|Memory Clock ||1050MHz (4.2Gbps) |
|Memory Interface ||256bit |
|DirectX® Support ||11 |
|Bus Standard ||PCIE 2.1 |
|Standard Display Connecors ||DL-DVI-I/SL-DVI-D/HDMI/2* mini DisplayPort |
|Feature Support |
|OpenGL ||Support |
|CrossFireX™ Technology ||Support |
|ATI Stream Technology ||Support |
|ATI Eyefinity Technology ||Support |
|ATI Hypermemory Technology || |
|Display Support |
|VGA Output ||Via Adapter |
|DVI Output ||DL-DVI-I/ SL-DVI-D |
|DisplayPort ||On Board |
|HDMI ||On Board |
|TV Output || |
|HDTV Output || |
|HDCP Support ||Support |
|Maximum Resolution |
|VGA ||2048x1536 |
|DVI ||2560x1600 |
|DisplayPort ||2560x1600 |
|HDMI ||1920x1200 |
|Power Specs + Board Dimensions |
|Board Dimensions ||241.3mmx111.2mmx38mm |
|Minimum System Power requirement (W) ||500W |
|Extention Power Connector ||Two 6-Pin PCI Express Power Connectors|
Customer Reviews of PowerColor AX6870 1GBD5-M2DH
Product reviews on NCIX.com are screened for relevance and inappropriate
content. Reviews may contain inaccurate information about the product.
If there is a discrepancy, please use the Flag this Review link
located beside each review. Reviews are not an endorsement expressed by
NCIX.com, but opinions from customers based on their own experience with
a product. We do not recommend you make purchasing decisions based on facts or opinions expressed regarding
PowerColor AX6870 1GBD5-M2DH reviews.
5 star: (1)
4 star: (2)
3 star: (0)
2 star: (0)
1 star: (0)
Experience: 10 Days
Runs cool, fits my board, great bag for the buck
I started out looking for a 5770 but the price and performance sweet spot of this card made it irresistible. I will not be able to do every game at max but all at good is good enough.
At idle I only have 39 degrees C, and can not hear the fan.
Experience: 2 Weeks
- Great 3D performance
- Looks great
- Quiet fans
- Not as high performing as other units, but fairly close for half the price
While these units won't win any top 3DMark performances when compared to their 5870/5890 counterparts, they offer solid performance and max settings for all current games. EyeFinity seems like a cool idea too. I have two of these CrossFire'd and am loving every minute of it. Highly recommended for those on a budget.
Experience: 10 Days
Nice performance for a mid-range card
Lots of ports for multi-display setups
Poor accessory bundle
Fans slightly loud
Requires 2 6-pin PCI-E connectors so you might need to upgrade PSU
I had to replace my 8800GTS as it just didn't have the horsepower to play Metro 2033 at a playable rate. I got two of these cards in CrossFireX and I am very happy with the result. Now Metro 2033 is very playable and I am enjoying every bit of it.
The accessory bundle is very sparse. A VGA/DVI adapter and a mini-HDMI to full-HDMI cable are the only things included.
Since I got two of these cards I had to upgrade my PSU from 620w to 850w. I've got a lot of other components so I wanted to make sure that I didn't run out of juice.
All pricing subject to change. For all prices,
products and offers, NCIX.com reserves the right to make adjustments
due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer
price changes, errors in advertisements and other extenuating
circumstances. Promotional offers from NCIX.com are subject to
availability and are available only while supplies last. No rain
checks will be issued on promotional items and offers.
While NCIX.com uses all reasonable efforts
to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, NCIX.com
makes no warranties or representations as to the Site's accuracy.
NCIX.com assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors
or omissions in the content on the Site.
NCIX.com warrants product(s) to be in good
working condition and free from defects in material and workmanship
for a period of one (1) year for OEM packages, and for thirty
(30) days for RETAIL packages (excluding laptops and notebooks), from the original Invoice date
unless otherwise restricted below or by the manufacturer's own
warranty policy. Defective returns and warranty service will be
replaced, exchanged or repaired at NCIX.com's sole discretion,
and based on vendor's policy.
NON-DEFECTIVE merchandise returns may be
accepted on some items ONLY within 15 days of the Invoice date,
at NCIX.com's discretion.
Laptops and Notebooks can be returned within SEVEN (7) days
from original invoice date. Return will only be accepted with original
packaging, accessories, cables, free gifts (if applicable), unopened software and
manuals and is subject to inspection before warranty approval. Laptop and notebook with
tampered serial numbers or UPC code will be denied returns.
GOVERNMENT & BUSINESS Laptop and Notebook purchases made with government or business POs can be returned typically within fourteen (14)
days from original invoice date. Return will only be accepted with original packaging, accessories, cables, free gifts (if applicable), unopened
software and manuals and is subject to inspection before warranty approval. Laptop and notebook with tampered serial numbers or UPC code will be
denied returns. Please check with your B2B sales representative for specific terms and details.
All NON-DEFECTIVE returns are subject
to a 15% restocking fee. No refunds will be issued for blank media,
digital camera (and accessories), opened software, printers,
printer supplies, paper, projectors (and accessories), appliances,
handhelds, PDAs, notebook computers, special order computers and
special order items.
Defective software, video games or DVDs
will be replaced by the SAME title and format ONLY (and subject
to current availability) within 30 days of the Invoice date. Software, Drones,
video games and DVDs may be returned within 30 days only if the
item is UNOPENED (with shrink wrap still intact) at the sole discretion
NCIX.com does NOT apply a surcharge
to credit card orders. Please read our RMA
& warranty policy and terms
& conditions for more information. If you have
any questions regarding our sales and warranty policies, please
send us a message -- we'll be glad to answer any of your questions.