This Plan applies exclusively to the item(s) indicated on the original bill of sale that is specified to be warrantable and covered under this Plan, and sold in Canada. This is NOT a valid Plan unless and until a numbered Plan Number page is attached, indicating the Plan number, covered product, and Plan owner information.
Throughout this Plan, the words “we”, “us” and “our” (whether or not capitalized) refer to the selling retailer.
We agree with the purchaser of the product(s) and this Plan (OWNER), to cover manufacturer’s defects in materials and workmanship that are the result of normal usage for a period specified on your sales receipt and/or contract, subject to a maximum combined coverage period of five (5) years from the original date of purchase for all eligible products covered. The Plan covers eligible products purchased, including its accessories, as new and manufactured for use in Canada, which at the time of purchase included a Manufacturer’s original warranty valid in Canada providing minimum coverage of ninety (90) days for parts and/or labour. The Plan begins on the 31st day after the date of purchase and is between us and the OWNER.
This Plan pays for parts and labour for functional parts; functional parts are those that are critical to the performance of the product’s essential function; non functional parts are those that are not critical including but not limited to knobs, handles or cosmetic parts. We will repair or replace the unit or any parts thereof, as required, subject to these terms and conditions.
We are not obligated to renew your Plan, however, if renewal coverage is offered, the price quoted will reflect current service costs and the age of the product. Should you have purchased an exchange plan as indicated on your receipt we will direct you to the location to exchange the Covered Product. You may be required to ship the Covered Product to a designated location before being able to receive your replacement.
Along with the wording of the original equipment
manufacturer’s warranty, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- This Plan does not cover failure as a result of:
normal wear and tear, deterioration of consumable parts including but not
limited to gaskets and seals, jacks, misuse, abuse, rust or corrosion, spilled
liquids or foreign objects found inside the equipment; repair of damage or food
loss caused by accident, theft, fire, flood, acts of God, other conditions
arising from force majeure, external causes such as, but not limited to blown
fuses, inadequate electrical power, water and gas lines beyond the equipment,
plugged drains, hard water, or any use of the product not authorized or covered
by the manufacturer.
- Should it be discovered that a blown speaker has
been subjected to abuse, excessive power or distortion (i.e. excessively burnt,
bent or separated voice coils); torn or punctured cones, spiders and surrounds;
or other signs of misuse or neglect the claim will be denied.
- The maximum liability of this Plan for product
replacement shall not exceed the original purchase price for the product. Should
primary insurance be available, then this Plan provides secondary coverage only
to the extent not covered by the primary policy.
- The warranty service provider reserves the right
to repair or replace the Covered Product with a comparable feature model of like
kind and quality. Product replacement under this Plan will fulfill this
agreement in its entirety and will discharge all further obligations under this
Plan and the Plan shall terminate.
- Replacement parts used will be new, refurbished or
non-original manufacturer’s parts that perform to the factory specifications of
the product at the warranty service provider's option.
- This Plan does not cover deterioration of the
appearance of the product, any cosmetic part or finish defects such as paint,
porcelain, glass or plastic, dents, scratches, chips, breakage, loss, rust or
- Plan coverage is provided for personal use of
products only. Products used for commercial purposes are excluded from coverage,
with the exception of office products which includes: printers, desktop
computers, laptop computers, monitors, and other computer peripherals
- Any damage resulting from unauthorized replacement
parts, improper service or modifications made to the Covered Product are not
covered by this Plan.
- If no defect is found (no fault found) or repairs
are denied based on the terms and conditions of the Plan, the Plan owner will be
responsible for all costs incurred.
- Replacement of light bulbs, fuses, filters, print
ribbons, print heads including non-removable print heads, toner cartridges,
drums or any other products with a pre-determined life expectancy are excluded.
Batteries are considered a consumable item and are therefore excluded from
coverage under this Plan.
- Charges incurred for the following items are not
covered by this Plan: set up or installation, reformatting of hard drives and
diskettes, system and software configuration or data recovery.
- Any loss occurring during the manufacturer’s plan
is excluded and any loss due to failure to follow the manufacturer’s recommended
maintenance, specifications or operating instructions during the term of this
Plan is excluded.
- The warranty service provider as well as all
affiliated companies are released from all liability due to indirect,
consequential or incidental damages.
- Any loss resulting from collision with another
object or any damage while the product is in transit is excluded.
- Any costs and damage related to installation
and/or reinstallation of products are not covered under this Plan except for
costs related to installation and/or reinstallation of car audio products that
have been professionally installed.
- Upon approval by the warranty service provider,
this Plan is transferable; to a subsequent owner, or a new product if the
Covered Product was replaced by any party other than the warranty service
- The Plan owner may cancel this Plan at any time
for any reason within thirty (30) days of the original purchase date of the Plan
and receive a full refund. The warranty service provider may cancel this Plan
for reasons, including but not limited to, misuse of the product, unauthorized
modifications to the product or commercial use of the product. In the event of
cancellation by the warranty service provider (except for non-payment), the
warranty service provider will provide the Plan owner with a pro-rata
- Any loss or subsequent loss(es) resulting from
manufacturer’s recall or rework, regardless of the manufacturer’s ability to pay
for such repairs, is excluded.
- The Plan owner is entitled to onsite service for warrantable defects on eligible products only if the unit is located within 80 km of an authorized service centre, if said eligible product is a television onsite service is restricted to units in excess of 32”. In the case where a product falls outside of the designated radius or is ineligible for onsite service for any other reason, it will be the sole responsibility of the Plan owner to arrange for transportation of the unit to an authorized service centre at their own cost. This plan also requires that a person who has reached the age of majority be present at all times during an onsite service call.
- In the event that a Covered Product is damaged by lightning or a power surge, coverage under this Plan will apply, excluding software or data, in excess of any other insurance policy in force at the time the damage occurred provided proof that an approved power surge protector was in use at the time of damage and any additional conditions included herein.
- Should parts no longer be available for a warranted product, we shall be excused from performance under this plan and will refund the Plan owner the cost of the Plan. We are not liable for any service delays that are not within our control.
Privacy of Information Policy:
- We will make every attempt during the troubleshooting process to confirm whether the problem is related to hardware or software failure. If after service is performed, it is determined that the cause of the problem was software related including, but not limited to, software errors resulting from improperly functioning or defective software, computer viruses, or any problems related to customized or proprietary software, computer games, peripheral equipment, internet access, or USB devices, the Plan owner will be responsible for all costs incurred.
- This Plan provides pixel coverage for video display products should a minimum of 10 pixels become inactive or active in the viewing area. This coverage excludes all incidents of burn in regardless of manufacturer coverage.
- “Lemon Aid” Policy While covered under this Plan and after the product requires covered service on three (3) separate occasions for the same component and this component requires a fourth repair, as determined by our authorized service centre. We will replace the product with a product of comparable performance, the value of which may not exceed the original purchase price. Authorized service repair receipts from three (3) separate repair incidents must be sent to We in order to qualify for replacement. Product failures must be covered by the terms and conditions of this plan.
We are not obligated to renew your plan. The “Lemon Aid” Policy does not apply under renewal coverage terms.
- If exchange coverage was purchased which is specified on your bill of sale and/or contract your product will be replaced if the failure is covered by the Plan’s terms and conditions. We require that the defective product be shipped to US for fault verification prior to replacement. Replacement terms in General Conditions (c) apply.
We are required to collect personal information which identifies you as a person including but not limited to your name, address and phone number, necessary for properly providing the services listed within this service agreement.
As per the Privacy Act of Canada, the warranty
service provider will keep all of your collected personal data confidential and
will not disclose the information without your written consent except for the
- When services are requested by you as part of the
agreement whereby the information needs to be provided to a third party to
complete those services or;
- When any part or all of the information is
requested by an official agent of the government, a law enforcement agent or a
To Arrange for Service:
Please contact your selling dealer should you need to open a claim under this Plan. Pre approval is required prior to proceeding with a repair or replacement. If pre approval is not obtained we reserve the right to deny the claim. Please have your original bill of sale available so our Customer Service Representative is able to quickly arrange for service by an authorized service provider.
This plan is fully underwritten by
a federally licensed insurance company