Frequently Bought Together
Customer Reviews of ASRock Z270 Taichi
Product reviews on NCIX.com are screened for relevance and inappropriate
content. Reviews may contain inaccurate information about the product.
If there is a discrepancy, please use the Flag this Review link
located beside each review. Reviews are not an endorsement expressed by
NCIX.com, but opinions from customers based on their own experience with
a product. We do not recommend you make purchasing decisions based on facts or opinions expressed regarding
ASRock Z270 Taichi reviews.
5 star: (0)
4 star: (1)
3 star: (0)
2 star: (0)
1 star: (0)
Experience: 10 Days
A great, but not perfect board
Pretty good price
XMP Profile on my Corsair RAM doesn't work
Manual isn't terribly friendly
Pretty happy with this board. It has lots of great features, but it's not terribly friendly - other MB companies are producing much friendlier documentation than ASRock (MSI, for example). The ASRock manual reads like manuals from 20 years ago - really not for the novice.
Also, be very careful to buy supported RAM. My Corsair sticks won't work at anything other than the base speed, so at some point hopefully they'll either start supporting my ram or I'll have to buy new sticks.
- ASRock Super Alloy
- Supports 7th and 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron®Processors (Socket 1151)
- Supports DDR4 3733+(OC)
- 4 PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x1
- AMD 3-Way CrossFireX™, NVIDIA® Quad SLI™
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, Display Port
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Supports Purity Sound™ 4 & DTS Connect
- 10 SATA3, 3 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
- 2 USB 3.1 10Gb/s (1 Type-A + 1 Type-C), 9 USB 3.0 (4 Rear, 4 Front, 1 Vertical Type-A)
- Dual Intel® Gigabit LAN
- Intel® 802.11ac WiFi
- ASRock AURA RGB LED
ASRock USB 3.1
- ASRock USB 3.1 Type-A Port (10 Gb/s)
- ASRock USB 3.1 Type-C Port (10 Gb/s)
ASRock Super Alloy
- XXL Aluminum Alloy Heatsink
- Premium 60A Power Choke
- Premium Memory Alloy Choke (Reduces 70% core loss compared to iron powder choke)
- Dual-Stack MOSFET (DSM)
- Combo Caps
- Nichicon 12K Black Caps (100% Japan made high quality conductive polymer capacitors)
- I/O Armor
- Matte Black PCB
- High Density Glass Fabric PCBIntel® 802.11ac WiFi ASRock Steel Slots
ASRock Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
ASRock Full Spike Protection
ASRock Live update & APP Shop
- Supports 7th and 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors (Socket 1151)
- Digi Power design
- 12 Power Phase design
- Supports Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology
- Supports Intel® K-Series unlocked CPUs
- Supports ASRock BCLK Full-range Overclocking
- Supports ASRock Hyper BCLK Engine II
- Intel® Z270
- Dual Channel DDR4 Memory Technology
- 4 x DDR4 DIMM Slots
- Supports DDR4 3733+(OC)*/3600(OC)/3200(OC)/2933(OC)/2800(OC)/2400**/2133 non-ECC, un-buffered memory*
- Supports ECC UDIMM memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
- Max. capacity of system memory: 64GB**
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 2.0
- 15μ Gold Contact in DIMM Slots
*7th Gen Intel® CPU supports DDR4 up to 2400; 6th Gen Intel® CPU supports DDR4 up to 2133.
Please refer to Memory Support List on ASRock's website for more information.
**Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
- 2 x 128Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with multilingual GUI support (1 x Main BIOS and 1 x Backup BIOS)
- Supports Secure Backup UEFI Technology
- ACPI 6.0 Compliant wake up events
- SMBIOS 2.7 Support
- CPU, GT_CPU, DRAM, VPPM, PCH 1.0V, VCCIO, VCCST, VCCSA, VCCPLL Voltage Multi-adjustment
- Supports Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals : Intel® Quick Sync Video with AVC, MVC (S3D) and MPEG-2 Full HW Encode1, Intel® InTru™ 3D, Intel® Clear Video HD Technology, Intel® Insider™, Intel® HD Graphics
- Gen9 LP, DX11.3, DX12
- HWAEncode/Decode: VP8, HEVC 8b, VP9, HEVC 10b (For 7th Gen Intel® CPU)
- HWA Encode/Decode: VP8, HEVC 8b; GPU/SWEncode/Decode: VP9, HEVC 10b (For 6th Gen Intel® CPU)
- Max. shared memory 1024MB*
- Dual graphics output: Support HDMI and DisplayPort 1.2 ports by independent display controllers
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096x2160) @ 24Hz / (3840x2160) @ 30Hz
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096x2304) @ 60Hz
- Supports Auto Lip Sync, Deep Color (12bpc), xvYCC and HBR (High Bit Rate Audio) with HDMI Port (Compliant HDMI monitor is required)
- Supports HDCP with HDMI and DisplayPort 1.2 Ports
- Supports Full HD 1080p Blu-ray (BD) playback with HDMI and DisplayPort 1.2 Ports
*Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals and the VGA outputs can be supported only with processors which are GPU integrated.
**The size of maximum shared memory may vary from different operating systems.
***Due to chipset limitation, the Blu-ray playback of Intel® HD Graphics is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.
****Intel® InTru™ 3D is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec)
- Premium Blu-ray Audio support
- Supports Surge Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)
- Supports Purity Sound™ 4
- Nichicon Fine Gold Series Audio Caps
- 120dB SNR DAC with Differential Amplifier
- TI® NE5532 Premium Headset Amplifier for Front Panel Audio Connector (Supports up to 600 Ohm headsets)
- Pure Power-In
- Direct Drive Technology
- PCB isolate shielding
- Impedance Sensing on Front Out port
- Individual PCB Layers for R/L Audio Channel
- AURA RGB LED
- Gold Audio Jacks
- 15μ Gold Audio Connector
- Supports DTS Connect
- Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s
- 1 x Giga PHY Intel® I219V, 1 x GigaLAN Intel® I211AT
- Supports Wake-On-LAN
- Supports Lightning/ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)
- Supports Dual LAN with Teaming** Not supported under Windows® 10
- Supports Energy Efficient Ethernet 802.3az
- Supports PXE
- Intel® 802.11ac WiFi Module (Free Bundle)
- Supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Supports Dual-Band (2.4/5 GHz)
- Supports high speed wireless connections up to 433Mbps
- Supports Bluetooth 4.0 / 3.0 + High speed class II
- 4 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slots (PCIE2/PCIE3/PCIE4/PCIE5: single at x16 (PCIE2); dual at x8 (PCIE2) / x8 (PCIE4); triple at x8 (PCIE2) / x4 (PCIE4) / x4 (PCIE5). PCIE3: x4 mode )*
- 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slot (Flexible PCIe)
- Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™, 3-Way CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™
- Supports NVIDIA® Quad SLI™ and SLI™
- 1 x Vertical M.2 Socket (Key E) with the bundled WiFi-802.11ac module (on the rear I/O)
- 15μ Gold Contact in VGA PCIe Slot (PCIE2)
*Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
- 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 15 and Intel® Smart Response Technology), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug*
- 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors by ASMedia ASM1061, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug
- 2 x SATA Express 10 Gb/s Connectors**
- 3 x Ultra M.2 Sockets, support type 2230/2242/2260/2280 M.2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s)***
*M2_1, SATA3_0 and SATA3_1 share lanes. If either one of them is in use, the others will be disabled.
M2_2, SATA3_4 and SATA3_5 share lanes. If either one of them is in use, the others will be disabled.
If M2_3 is occupied by a SATA-type M.2 device, SATA3_3 will be disabled.
**Support to be announced
***Supports Intel® Optane™ Technology
Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
Supports ASRock U.2 Kit
- 1 x TPM Header
- 1 x Power LED and Speaker Header
- 1 x AURA RGB LED Header
- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)* The CPU Fan Connector supports the CPU fan of maximum 1A (12W) fan power.
- 1 x CPU Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)*
- 2 x Chassis Fan Connectors (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)
- 1 x Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)**
- 1 x 24 pin ATX Power Connector (Hi-Density Power Connector)
- 1 x 8 pin 12V Power Connector (Hi-Density Power Connector)
- 1 x Front Panel Audio Connector (15μ Gold Audio Connector)
- 1 x Thunderbolt™ AIC Connector (5-pin)* Only one Thunderbolt™ AIC Card is supported.
- 3 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 6 USB 2.0 ports) (Intel® Z270) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 2 x USB 3.0 Headers (Support 4 USB 3.0 ports) (ASMedia ASM1074 hub) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 1 x Vertical Type A USB 3.0 (Intel® Z270)
- 1 x Dr. Debug with LED
- 1 x XMP Switch
*The CPU Optional/Water Pump Fan supports the water cooler fan of maximum 1.5A (18W) fan power.
**The Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fan supports the water cooler fan of maximum 1.5A (18W) fan power.
CPU_OPT/W_PUMP, CHA_FAN1, CHA_FAN2 and CHA_FAN3/W_PUMP can auto detect if 3-pin or 4-pin fan is in use.
Rear Panel I/O
- 2 x Antenna Ports
- 1 x PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Port
- 1 x HDMI Port
- 1 x DisplayPort 1.2
- 1 x Optical SPDIF Out Port
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A Port (10 Gb/s) (ASMedia ASM2142) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C Port (10 Gb/s) (ASMedia ASM2142) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 4 x USB 3.0 Ports (Intel® Z270) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 2 x RJ-45 LAN Ports with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)
- 1 x Clear CMOS Switch
- HD Audio Jacks: Rear Speaker / Central / Bass / Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone (Gold Audio Jacks)
Software and UEFI
- ASRock A-Tuning
- ASRock AURA RGB LED
- ASRock APP Charger
- ASRock XFast LAN*
- ASRock EZ Mode
- ASRock Full HD UEFI
- ASRock My Favorites in UEFI
- ASRock Instant Flash
- ASRock Internet Flash
- ASRock Crashless BIOS
- ASRock UEFI System Browser
- ASRock UEFI Tech Service
- ASRock Easy RAID Installer
*These utilities can be downloaded from ASRock Live update & APP Shop.
- Drivers, Utilities, AntiVirus Software (Trial Version), Google Chrome Browser and Toolbar
- Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield
- 4 x SATA Data Cables
- 1 x ASRock SLI_Bridge_2S Card
- 1 x ASRock SLI_HB_Bridge_2S Card
- 2 x ASRock WiFi 2.4/5 GHz Antennas
- 3 x Screws for M.2 Sockets
- Temperature Sensing: CPU, CPU Optional/Water Pump, Chassis, Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fans
- Fan Tachometer: CPU, CPU Optional/Water Pump, Chassis, Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fans
- Quiet Fan (Auto adjust chassis fan speed by CPU temperature): CPU, CPU Optional/Water Pump, Chassis, Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fans
- Fan Multi-Speed Control: CPU, CPU Optional/Water Pump, Chassis, Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fans
- Voltage monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, CPU Vcore, DRAM, VPPM, PCH 1.0V, VCCSA, VCCST
- ATX Form Factor: 12.0-in x 9.6-in, 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 64-bit (For 7th Gen Intel® CPU)
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 64-bit / 8.1 64-bit / 7 32-bit / 7 64-bit (For 6th Gen Intel® CPU)*
*To install Windows® 7 OS, a modified installation disk with xHCI drivers packed into the ISO file is required. Please check our User Manual for more detailed instructions.
For the update d Windows® 10 driver, please visit ASRock's website for details.
- FCC, CE, WHQL
- ErP/EuP ready (ErP/EuP ready power supply is required)
First 30 days limited warranty through NCIX.com. The remainder of the one year warranty is provided directly by the manufacturer.
For technical support, please submit a ticket through this link:
All pricing subject to change. For all prices,
products and offers, NCIX.com reserves the right to make adjustments
due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer
price changes, errors in advertisements and other extenuating
circumstances. Promotional offers from NCIX.com are subject to
availability and are available only while supplies last. No rain
checks will be issued on promotional items and offers.
While NCIX.com uses all reasonable efforts
to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, NCIX.com
makes no warranties or representations as to the Site's accuracy.
NCIX.com assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors
or omissions in the content on the Site.
NCIX.com warrants product(s) to be in good
working condition and free from defects in material and workmanship
for a period of one (1) year for OEM packages, and for thirty
(30) days for RETAIL packages (excluding laptops and notebooks), from the original Invoice date
unless otherwise restricted below or by the manufacturer's own
warranty policy. Defective returns and warranty service will be
replaced, exchanged or repaired at NCIX.com's sole discretion,
and based on vendor's policy.
NON-DEFECTIVE merchandise returns may be
accepted on some items ONLY within 15 days of the Invoice date,
at NCIX.com's discretion.
Laptops and Notebooks can be returned within SEVEN (7) days
from original invoice date. Return will only be accepted with original
packaging, accessories, cables, free gifts (if applicable), unopened software and
manuals and is subject to inspection before warranty approval. Laptop and notebook with
tampered serial numbers or UPC code will be denied returns.
GOVERNMENT & BUSINESS Laptop and Notebook purchases made with government or business POs can be returned typically within fourteen (14)
days from original invoice date. Return will only be accepted with original packaging, accessories, cables, free gifts (if applicable), unopened
software and manuals and is subject to inspection before warranty approval. Laptop and notebook with tampered serial numbers or UPC code will be
denied returns. Please check with your B2B sales representative for specific terms and details.
All NON-DEFECTIVE returns are subject
to a 15% restocking fee. No refunds will be issued for blank media,
digital camera (and accessories), opened software, printers,
printer supplies, paper, projectors (and accessories), appliances,
handhelds, PDAs, notebook computers, special order computers and
special order items.
Defective software, video games or DVDs
will be replaced by the SAME title and format ONLY (and subject
to current availability) within 30 days of the Invoice date. Software, Drones,
video games and DVDs may be returned within 30 days only if the
item is UNOPENED (with shrink wrap still intact) at the sole discretion
NCIX.com does NOT apply a surcharge
to credit card orders. Please read our RMA
& warranty policy and terms
& conditions for more information. If you have
any questions regarding our sales and warranty policies, please
send us a message -- we'll be glad to answer any of your questions.
Get Deal Alerts in your Inbox!
Don't miss out on the latest coupons and rewards.