The MSI Live update online is designed to automatically download and update the BIOS and driver when there’s a new version online. It helps reduce the risk of getting the wrong file and minimize the trouble of searching the files from MSI website.
Live update 4 is a single utility software that automatically checks BIOS, driver and utility update s and installs for you , which can save your time for searching and lower the risk while updating.
• Equip with 2 or more PCIe x16 slots, ATI CrossFire Ready. • The ultimate multi-GPU performance gaming platform. • Provides 2.7x faster performance than single graphic card solution.
- by David_W @Mar 12, 2010
• 64bit AMD® Phenom II CPU. Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
Hyper Transport Bus
• HyperTransport 3.0 supporting speed up to 5200MT/s Chipset
• AMD® 890GX and SB850 Chipset
• Integrated ATI Radeon HD4290 GPU
• Supports four unbuffered DIMM of 1.5 Volt DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600*/1800*/2133* (OC) SDRAM, 16GB Max
Side Port Memory
• DDR3 SDRAM 1Gbit
• PCI_E1 slot with x16 operation (PCI Express Bus SPEC V2.0 compliant) • PCI_E2 slot with x8 operation (PCI Express Bus SPEC V2.0 compliant) - When 2 PCI Express x16 slots are all installed, the PCIE x 16 lanes will auto arrange form x16/ x0 to x8/ x8. Do not use PCI_E2 slot when only one PCI Express x16 card is installed. • 1 PCI Express x1 slot • 1 PCI slot, support 3.3V/ 5V PCI bus Interface.
• One IDE port by JMicron® JMB368 - Supports Ultra DMA 66/100/133 mode - Supports PIO, Bus Master operation mode - Can connect up to two IDE devices
• 5 SATA III (1~5) ports by AMD® SB850 • 1 eSATA III port by AMD® SB850 - Supports storage and data transfers at up to 6Gb/s
- SATA III 1~5 support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 mode by AMD® SB850
MSI Reminds You... • The RAID setup floppy disk is optional depending on the districts. You can download the files from the website to make the setup disk.
• Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC889 - True Blu-ray Audio Support - Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing - Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec
• Realtek PCI-E GbLAN controller 8111DL - Integrated Fast Ethernet MAC and PHY in single chip - Supports 10Mb/s, 100Mb/s and 1000Mb/s - Compliance with PCI-Express Bus specification v1.0a
Internal I/O Connectors
- ATX 24-pin power connector - ATX 4-pin 12V CPU power connector - CPU x 1 / System x 1 FAN connectors - CD-in connector - Front panel audio connector - Front panel connector - Chassis intrusion switch connector - 4 x USB 2.0 connectors - 5 x Serial ATA III connectors - 1 x ATA133 HD connector - 1 x Serial port connector - 1 x Parallel port connector - Clear CMOS jumper - OC switch - 1 x SPDIF-out connector - 1 x TPM module connector
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard or mouse - 1 x 6 in 1 audio jack
- 4 x USB 2.0 ports - 2 x USB 3.0 ports - 1 x RJ45 LAN jack - 1 x optical SPDIF-out port - 1 x eSATA port - 1 x DVI-D port - 1 x Graphic Card port - 1 x HDMI port
MSI Reminds You... • The HDMI and DVI-D ports can not work simultaneously.
Forum messages are not reviewed and may not contain accurate information about a product.
Message contents are opinions from customers based on their own experience with a product.
We do not recommend you make puchasing decisions based on Forum messages.
Reviews from the Web
Below are reviews found on other web sites for this product submitted by customers.
Product reviews on NCIX.com are screened for relevance and inappropriate
content. Reviews may contain inaccurate information about the product.
If there is a discrepancy, please use the Flag this Review link
located beside each review. Reviews are not an endorsement expressed by
NCIX.com, but opinions from customers based on their own experience with
a product. We do not recommend you make purchasing decisions based on facts or opinions expressed in these reviews.
Bought this since Bulldozer is not getting out, AM3+ mobo are not crossfire 8x/8x and there is no 990FX mATX mobo. Since the x4 925 was only 70$ and memory price dropped I bought everything for a new machine and decided to use this mobo since there's not a lot of crossfire mATX board for AM3 socket. Good board but dual channel is not working (4GB out of 8 detected).
I bought this board because I wanted to build a mATX system. I knew my choices is already reduced due to the smaller form factor but this board had all the features I wanted and some extras such USB 3.0 and 8x/8x Crossfire which I don't currently use but may need in the future. I decided for this mobo over the ASUS Maximums Gene III because it is cheaper, especially when you factor in the value of an (unlockable) AMD CPU. I don't use the integrated graphics for this chipset so I cannot comment on that.
I've always liked MSI boards and this one does not disappoint. I was looking for a 890-based board and there were not too many around but this one works just fine for my needs. I also like the fact that it has onboard HDMI port. A great value all around.
This is the best AMD board I've bought in a while. I like the layout and placement of components, heatsinks and features. It also seems to be more stable as a HTPC platform then the 785G boards I used previously.
All pricing subject to change. For all prices,
products and offers, NCIX.com reserves the right to make adjustments
due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer
price changes, errors in advertisements and other extenuating
circumstances. Promotional offers from NCIX.com are subject to
availability and are available only while supplies last. No rain
checks will be issued on promotional items and offers.
While NCIX.com uses all reasonable efforts
to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, NCIX.com
makes no warranties or representations as to the Site's accuracy.
NCIX.com assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors
or omissions in the content on the Site.
NCIX.com warrants product(s) to be in good
working condition and free from defects in material and workmanship
for a period of one (1) year for OEM packages, and for thirty
(30) days for RETAIL packages, from the original Invoice date
unless otherwise restricted below or by the manufacturer's own
warranty policy. Defective returns and warranty service will be
replaced, exchanged or repaired at NCIX.com's sole discretion,
and based on vendor's policy.
NON-DEFECTIVE merchandise returns may be
accepted on some items ONLY within 15 days of the Invoice date,
at NCIX.com's discretion. All NON-DEFECTIVE returns are subject
to a 15% restocking fee. No refunds will be issued for blank media,
digital cameras (and accessories), opened software, printers,
printer supplies, paper, projectors (and accessories), appliances,
handhelds, PDAs, notebook computers, special order computers and
special order items.
Defective software, video games or DVDs
will be replaced by the SAME title and format ONLY (and subject
to current availability) within 30 days of the Invoice date. Software,
video games and DVDs may be returned within 30 days only if the
item is UNOPENED (with shrink wrap still intact) at the sole discretion
NCIX.com does NOT apply a surcharge
to credit card orders. Please read our RMA
& warranty policy and terms
& conditions for more information. If you have
any questions regarding our sales and warranty policies, please
send us a message -- we'll be glad to answer any of your questions.
First 30 days limited warranty through NCIX.com. The remainder of the 3 year warranty is provided directly by the manufacturer. As an authorized MSI Canada Dealer, products purchased through NCIX are eligible for Canadian RMA service at MSI`s Canadian service depot in Canada.
Get the best discount computers online for online computer shopping and discount PC computer components as well as notebook computers, laptops and Canada custom computers for the best deals on computers.
NCIX.com provides Canada the best priced computers in the country for computer components and computer parts and computer accessories with the best online computer store in Canada for your personal and business computer needs.
At NCIX you can build your own computer online as well as search for the cheapest and best video cards, computer processors and CPUs, motherboards computer memory RAM, ssd and hard drives with the fastest shipping in Canada and the US.
So for discount computers online NCIX provides the cheapest digital cameras, printers, motherboards, flash memory, PC speakers and computer electronics with the best Canadian computer and Canadian online computer shopping website in the world.