"This was my first order, and I may very well be converted to an NCIX believer. Ordered Thursday morning, shi..."
The EliteNAS EN208L+BXE 64 bit Edition is a comprehensive feature-dense 2U 8-bay 64-bit NAS + iSCSI rackmount with the Intel Dual-Core processor and 2GB DDR-2 ECC memory. The EN208L+BXE is a performance tuned NAS+iSCSI server designed with hardware RAID protection and dual Gigabit Ethernet, capable of unlimited clients with network share, and supports in IP SAN storage. Built-in SATA RAID 6 supports up to 16TB total storage, and an optional SAS expander feature allows expansion of up to 7 more additional EliteSTOR SAS Expander JBOD storage units, up to a maximum of 120 drives, making a total of 240TB total storage in a network sharing or iSCSI envirnoment. Optional expansion modules also add support to SAS hard drives, allowing support in both high capacity SATA drives as well as high performance SAS drives. With 16TB in a single rackmount, the EN208L+BXE is capable of fulfillng the most demanding storage needs.
Dual Gigabit and RAID Hard Drives Protection
EliteNAS is built with simple setup and maintenance features. Installation wizard for easy implementation, convenience web-based management for local or remote configuration, dual 10/100/1000 network support for teaming or redundant networking, and hardware RAID support for your data storage make the EliteNAS a simple trouble free unit. Dedicated 1200MHz processor RAID engines support online migration and expansion while offloading complex RAID calculations to improve overall performance.
Optional SAS Expander support for storage expansion
Optional SAS expander module upgrade kit allows it to connect to 14 additonal SAS expander JBODs (EliteSTOR ES208X+BE, ES316X+B or ES424X+B), or up to 120 total drives for 240TB total storage. (Additional Gateway License and Upgrade Kit required)
Optional Support SAS or SATA hard drives
Optional SAS Expander Module kit also adds support to both high performance SAS hard drives or high capacity, low cost SATA hard drives.
Hardware RAID support up to 6
Supports latest RAID levels, including RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, and 6 for advanced data protection in large numbers of hard drive deployments. Optional expansion kit will add support of 10, 30, 50 and 60.
Feature Rich Network Storage - Build-in Snapshot, Folder Replication and iSCSI
In comparison to other NAS units in the market, EliteNAS is bundled with many additional advanced features at no additional charge. iSCSI target support for iSCSI applications, iSCSI initiator support for easy future expansion, NAS to NAS folder replication, scheduled or on-demand volume snapshot, and local tape backup support are just a few of the many features this product offers.
iSCSI Support for VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
To take advantage of centralized storage for all virtual machines in VMware ESX or Vsphere, the EN208L+BXE can be used as a focal storage point for the VMWare ESX or ESXi server hosting multiple virtual machines. Utilizing the EN208L+BXE as an iSCSI target storage system for the VMware ESX/ESXi server, the EN208L+BXE is ready for your VMware storage virtualization needs.
Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization environment is also supported. With the support of SPC-3, iSCSI can be used in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 clustering environment for high-availability applications.
Optional NAS to NAS Automatic Server Failover and Mirroring
Server Failover and Mirroring (SFM) is an optional feature used to bind two EliteNAS servers as one so that data is written to both systems simultaneously. At the same time, automatic fail-over will supported in case of primary system failure. Clients attached to the primary NAS server can be serviced by the secondary server and will not notice the fail-over process when the secondary EliteNAS takes over to provide high avaliablity redundancy.
10Gb Network Interface Controller Option for 10GbE Network Support
10Gb Ethernet network Interface controller card is supported for 10Gb Networking. With 10 times faster bandwidth compared to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, the 10Gb network interface controller provides high performance solutions when needed. XFP, SFP+ and CX4 connectors are avaliable.
- Highly efficient OS based on 64 bit Operating Systems.
- An intriguing Web GUI Using Web Browser GUI can configure, access and monitor the NAS/iSCSI.
- High file transfer rate for all types of protocols: NFS, AFP, CIFS, FTP, and iSCSI.
- Robust Journaling File Systems – XFS.
- File-sharing for clients in heterogeneous or mixed OS platforms is supported.
- Supported Protocol and Service:
- Supports Client File System – SMB, CIFS, NFS, AFP 3.1, FTP, SFTP.
- Support Network Transport Protocols – TCP/IP, SNMP MIBII, AppleTalk, NTP, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS.
- Support Network services – DHCP, ADS/ADDS, NIS, LDAP, NTP Server.
- Support Teaming over 2 or more Gigabit NICs.
- Supports 7 modes of network port bonding: Teaming for Load-Balancing & Fail-Over, 802.3ad.
- Multiple Volume Snapshots, Schedulable & On-Demand.
- NAS-to-NAS Folder Replications: Scheduled Differential and Scheduled Full Copy with Compression.
- Include iSCSI target & initiator functions for IP-SAN infrastructure.
- Remote system monitoring for Fan status, Temperatures, RAID status, HDD status, Network connectivity status.
- Remote Monitoring and Remote Email Notifications.
- Auto email notification for pre-defined events.
- Supports storage quota assignment to group or to individual users, as well as warning when approaching quota full.
- Volume Snapshots supported - Supports multiple Snapshots for ‘point-in-time” user data image against accidental user file deletion and data corruption or virus attack. Snapshot can be scheduled and/or On-Demand
- Build-in iSCSI initiator – a new NAS act as an iSCSI target, and connect it into the existing NAS as if it is part of the local storage.
- Supports local folder creation under each root network share
- Multi-Level sub-folders supported.
- Network Share can be created based on volume or based on subfolder.
User Support and Security
- Maximum number of local user accounts: 60,000
- Maximum number of characters for user name: 31 characters
- Maximum number of characters for user password: 128 characters
- Local user account supported with “Home” Directory option
- Windows ADS / PDC / Workgroup supported
- Special feature supporting Windows ADS with large number user accounts.
- Multi User IDs supported for Windows ADS administrators
- ACL – Access Control List supported, Local ACL supported down to Folder-Level and File-Level.
- NIS – Network Information Services for Unix/Linux supported
- LDAP supported
- HTTPS/SSL Service supported
- Host (IP) filtering
- A NAS discovery tool, NAS-Finder, will automatically discover any and all NAS units in the local network, and allow Administrator to manually add an entry for remote NAS unit over internet/VPN/WAN.
- Monitoring NAS resource utilization status via Web GUI.
- Monitoring On-Line Users and Folder-being-accessed via Web GUI
- Support system log to be downloaded and email to technical support personnel for further trouble-shooting.
- Support system configuration to be backup and restore
- iSCSI Target function allows a certain portion(s) of the storage to be partitioned as iSCSI volume(s) and assigned to specific host computer, appearing as if a local disk to that host computer.
- Provides block level services (iSCSI) and file services (NAS) in a unified storage system.
- Build-in iSCSI initiator function allows the NAS to mount remote iSCSI target volume as its local physical storage, and expand its storage capacity
- Combination of iSCSI Target and Initiator support between multiple NAS units can be used as one of the method to do Multi-NAS-Aggregation for storage expansions
- Build-in Snapshot support iSCSI volumes
- iSCSI volume supports Microsoft Server 2008 R2 Failover Clustering (SPC-3) and VMware ESX/ESXi Server
- Tower Based MN4LA+B and AN4L, as well as rackmount based EliteNAS Linux NAS series product line are fully interoperable for folder replications.
- Different models can replicate to each other.
- Scheduled or on-demand replication.
- Build-in Differential Replication allow deploy multiple units in different location via Internet/Intranet
- Building block of a total enterprise solution.
Optional Server Mirroring Failover for bare-metal mirroring and failover
- Server Mirroring Failover provide automatically failover in case of hardware failure.
- Mirroring function guarantee both primary and backup server have the same data.
- Eliminate downtimes, in event of failure, all traffic will automatically route to backup server.
- Support both iSCSI and NAS sharing
- Operating system specific design for NAS and iSCSI application
- Intel Dual-Core processor.
- 2GB ECC DDR-2 memory
- Supports 2TB SATA II hard drive.
- RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 3, 5, 6 with spare.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Hardware RAID controller card
- Optional 10GbE Ethernet controller card for 10GbE network.
- OS on DOM (Disk-on-Module) without mechanical wear and tear
|Model || EN208L+BXE |
| Form Factor || 2U Rackmount |
| Processor || Intel Dual-Core Processor |
| Memory || 2GB DDR 2 ECC Memory; Upgradeable to 4GB |
| RAID Level || Hardware RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 5 and 6 RAID with Hot Spare |
| Maximum Capacity || 16TB |
| Hot-Swappable || Yes |
| Network || On-board 2 x 1000/100/10 |
Supports Teaming over 2 ports, 802.11ad, ALB
| Hard Drives || SATA II x 8 |
| Power Supply || 380W Hot-Swappable Redundant |
| Status Indicators || Power and Overheat / FAN Fail LEDs |
HDD Power and Activity LED
| Dimension (in) || 3.5"(H) x 19"(W) x 28"(D) |
| Weight (lb) || 42lb |
| Certifications & Compliance || FCC, CE, UL, RoHS |
| Limited Warranty || 2 Years|
Customer Reviews of Sans Digital EN208L+BXE
Product reviews on NCIX.com are screened for relevance and inappropriate
content. Reviews may contain inaccurate information about the product.
If there is a discrepancy, please use the Flag this Review link
located beside each review. Reviews are not an endorsement expressed by
NCIX.com, but opinions from customers based on their own experience with
a product. We do not recommend you make purchasing decisions based on facts or opinions expressed regarding
Sans Digital EN208L+BXE reviews.
NCIX provides a 30 day limited warranty on this product. The remainder of the 1 year warranty is provided by the manufacturer. Warranty length may vary depending on manufacturer and product.
All pricing subject to change. For all prices,
products and offers, NCIX.com reserves the right to make adjustments
due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer
price changes, errors in advertisements and other extenuating
circumstances. Promotional offers from NCIX.com are subject to
availability and are available only while supplies last. No rain
checks will be issued on promotional items and offers.
While NCIX.com uses all reasonable efforts
to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, NCIX.com
makes no warranties or representations as to the Site's accuracy.
NCIX.com assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors
or omissions in the content on the Site.
NCIX.com warrants product(s) to be in good
working condition and free from defects in material and workmanship
for a period of one (1) year for OEM packages, and for thirty
(30) days for RETAIL packages (excluding laptops and notebooks), from the original Invoice date
unless otherwise restricted below or by the manufacturer's own
warranty policy. Defective returns and warranty service will be
replaced, exchanged or repaired at NCIX.com's sole discretion,
and based on vendor's policy.
NON-DEFECTIVE merchandise returns may be
accepted on some items ONLY within 15 days of the Invoice date,
at NCIX.com's discretion.
Laptops and Notebooks can be returned within SEVEN (7) days
from original invoice date. Return will only be accepted with original
packaging, accessories, cables, free gifts (if applicable), unopened software and
manuals and is subject to inspection before warranty approval. Laptop and notebook with
tampered serial numbers or UPC code will be denied returns.
GOVERNMENT & BUSINESS Laptop and Notebook purchases made with government or business POs can be returned typically within fourteen (14)
days from original invoice date. Return will only be accepted with original packaging, accessories, cables, free gifts (if applicable), unopened
software and manuals and is subject to inspection before warranty approval. Laptop and notebook with tampered serial numbers or UPC code will be
denied returns. Please check with your B2B sales representative for specific terms and details.
All NON-DEFECTIVE returns are subject
to a 15% restocking fee. No refunds will be issued for blank media,
digital camera (and accessories), opened software, printers,
printer supplies, paper, projectors (and accessories), appliances,
handhelds, PDAs, notebook computers, special order computers and
special order items.
Defective software, video games or DVDs
will be replaced by the SAME title and format ONLY (and subject
to current availability) within 30 days of the Invoice date. Software, Drones,
video games and DVDs may be returned within 30 days only if the
item is UNOPENED (with shrink wrap still intact) at the sole discretion
NCIX.com does NOT apply a surcharge
to credit card orders. Please read our RMA
& warranty policy and terms
& conditions for more information. If you have
any questions regarding our sales and warranty policies, please
send us a message -- we'll be glad to answer any of your questions.