"Thanks alot. You guys are as great as always. Thanks a million! Now I can sleep...."
[ Edit |
The AccuNAS AN4L 64 bit Series offers a performance tuned Network Attached Storage for high capacity network based data storage. The new 64bit OS provides increased performance, enhanced compatibilities and features. More enhanced than most of the 4 bay tower NAS on the market, the AN4L utilizes the power of the Intel ATOM Dual-Core CPU and 1GB of DDR II memory to provide an exceptionally faster performance. With the increased CPU processing power, the AN4L is able to provide enterprise level features such as an iSCSI initiator and target support, snapshot with scheduling and real-time NAS-to-NAS folder replication. Along with a built-in RAID 5 and RAID 6, the AN4L provides enterprise-class features that are normally not included in this product price range.
Dual Gigabit and RAID Hard Drives Protection
AN4L is designed with simple setup and easy maintenance features in mind. Features such an as installation wizard for easy implementation out of the box, a convenient web-based management for local or remote configuration, Dual 10/100/1000 network ports supporting network teaming and fail-over redundancy plus RAID protection for your data storage make the AN4L a very robust yet easy to use NAS server system.
Feature Rich Network Storage - Built-in Snapshot, Folder Replication and iSCSI
In comparison to other NAS products in the market, the AccuNAS is bundled with many enterprise level advanced features without the additional cost. For example, iSCSI target support for iSCSI applications, iSCSI initiator support for future data storage expansion, NAS to NAS folder replication, scheduled or on-demand volume snapshot and local tape backup support are just a few of the many features this product offers.
iSCSI Support for VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
To take advantage of centralized storage for all virtual machines in VMware ESX or Vsphere, the AN4L can be used as a focal storage point for the VMWare ESX or ESXi server hosting multiple virtual machines. Utilizing the AN4L as an iSCSI target storage system for the VMware ESX/ESXi server, the AN4L is ready for your VMware storage virtualization needs.
Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization environment is also supported. With the support of SPC-3, iSCSI can be used in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 clustering environment for high-availability applications.
- Highly efficient OS based on 64 bit Operating Systems.
- An intriguing Web GUI Using Web Browser GUI can configure, access and monitor the NAS/iSCSI.
- High file transfer rate for all types of protocols: NFS, AFP, CIFS, FTP, and iSCSI.
- Robust Journaling File Systems – XFS.
- File-sharing for clients in heterogeneous or mixed OS platforms is supported.
- Supported Protocol and Service:
- Supports Client File System – SMB, CIFS, NFS, AFP 3.1, FTP, SFTP.
- Support Network Transport Protocols – TCP/IP, SNMP MIBII, AppleTalk, NTP, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS.
- Support Network services – DHCP, ADS/ADDS, NIS, LDAP, NTP Server.
- Support Teaming over 2 or more Gigabit NICs.
- Supports 7 modes of network port bonding: Teaming for Load-Balancing & Fail-Over, 802.3ad.
- Multiple Volume Snapshots, Schedulable & On-Demand.
- NAS-to-NAS Folder Replications: Scheduled Differential and Scheduled Full Copy with Compression.
- Include iSCSI target & initiator functions for IP-SAN infrastructure.
- Remote system monitoring for Fan status, Temperatures, RAID status, HDD status, Network connectivity status.
- Remote Monitoring and Remote Email Notifications.
- Auto email notification for pre-defined events.
- Supports storage quota assignment to group or to individual users, as well as warning when approaching quota full.
- Volume Snapshots supported - Supports multiple Snapshots for ‘point-in-time” user data image against accidental user file deletion and data corruption or virus attack. Snapshot can be scheduled and/or On-Demand
- Build-in iSCSI initiator – a new NAS act as an iSCSI target, and connect it into the existing NAS as if it is part of the local storage.
- Supports local folder creation under each root network share
- Multi-Level sub-folders supported.
- Network Share can be created based on volume or based on subfolder.
User Support and Security
- Maximum number of local user accounts: 60,000
- Maximum number of characters for user name: 31 characters
- Maximum number of characters for user password: 128 characters
- Local user account supported with “Home” Directory option
- Windows ADS / PDC / Workgroup supported
- Special feature supporting Windows ADS with large number user accounts.
- Multi User IDs supported for Windows ADS administrators
- ACL – Access Control List supported, Local ACL supported down to Folder-Level and File-Level.
- NIS – Network Information Services for Unix/Linux supported
- LDAP supported
- HTTPS/SSL Service supported
- Host (IP) filtering
- A NAS discovery tool, NAS-Finder, will automatically discover any and all NAS units in the local network, and allow Administrator to manually add an entry for remote NAS unit over internet/VPN/WAN.
- Monitoring NAS resource utilization status via Web GUI.
- Monitoring On-Line Users and Folder-being-accessed via Web GUI
- Support system log to be downloaded and email to technical support personnel for further trouble-shooting.
- Support system configuration to be backup and restore
- iSCSI Target function allows a certain portion(s) of the storage to be partitioned as iSCSI volume(s) and assigned to specific host computer, appearing as if a local disk to that host computer.
- Provides block level services (iSCSI) and file services (NAS) in a unified storage system.
- Build-in iSCSI initiator function allows the NAS to mount remote iSCSI target volume as its local physical storage, and expand its storage capacity
- Combination of iSCSI Target and Initiator support between multiple NAS units can be used as one of the method to do Multi-NAS-Aggregation for storage expansions
- Build-in Snapshot support iSCSI volumes
- iSCSI volume supports Microsoft Server 2008 R2 Failover Clustering (SPC-3) and VMware ESX/ESXi Server
- Tower Based MN4LA+B and AN4L, as well as rackmount based EliteNAS Linux NAS series product line are fully interoperable for folder replications.
- Different models can replicate to each other.
- Scheduled or on-demand replication.
- Build-in Differential Replication allow deploy multiple units in different location via Internet/Intranet
- Building block of a total enterprise solution.
- Intel ATOM Dual Core processor.
- 1GB DDR2 memory; upgradeable to 4GB.
- Supports 2TB SATA II hard drive.
- RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 5 and 6 with spare.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- OS on DOM (Disk-on-Module) without mechanical wear and tear
| Model || AN4L8E |
| Form Factor || 4 Bay Enclosure |
| Processor || Intel ATOM Dual Core Processor |
| Memory || 1GB DDR-2 Memory, up to 4GB |
| RAID Level || 0, 1, 1+0, 5, 6 |
| RAID Engine || Software Embedded RAID Engine |
| Maximum Capacity || 8TB |
| Hot-Swappable || Yes |
| Network || 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Ports x2 (Intel 82574L Gigabit Ethernet) |
| Hard Drive Trays Supported || 4 x SATA HDD trays |
| Power Supply || 200W (100V to 230V) |
| Control Interface || Web Browser - Supporting IE and Firefox |
| Dimension (in) || 8.5"W x 12.5 "D x 8.0 "H |
| Weight (lb) || 13.0 |
| Safety Regulations || CE, FCC, UL, RoHS |
| Limited Warranty || 1 Year |
| Package Contents || AN4L8E (1) |
Ethernet Cable (1)
Power Adapter (1)
CD & Manual (1)
HD Tray Keys (4)
Removable Trays (4)
Sans Digital KT-AN4L8E Customer Reviews
Product reviews on NCIX.com are screened for relevance and inappropriate
content. Reviews may contain inaccurate information about the product.
If there is a discrepancy, please use the Flag this Review link
located beside each review. Reviews are not an endorsement expressed by
NCIX.com, but opinions from customers based on their own experience with
a product. We do not recommend you make purchasing decisions based on facts or opinions expressed regarding
Sans Digital KT-AN4L8E reviews.
5 star: (1)
4 star: (0)
3 star: (0)
2 star: (0)
1 star: (0)
Experience: 1 Months
I really like this item and Ive been using this for a while
this is what i was looking for and the price is good and the quality is good
NCIX provides a 30 day limited warranty on this product. The remainder of the 1 year warranty is provided by the manufacturer. Warranty length may vary depending on manufacturer and product.
All pricing subject to change. For all prices,
products and offers, NCIX.com reserves the right to make adjustments
due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer
price changes, errors in advertisements and other extenuating
circumstances. Promotional offers from NCIX.com are subject to
availability and are available only while supplies last. No rain
checks will be issued on promotional items and offers.
While NCIX.com uses all reasonable efforts
to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, NCIX.com
makes no warranties or representations as to the Site's accuracy.
NCIX.com assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors
or omissions in the content on the Site.
NCIX.com warrants product(s) to be in good
working condition and free from defects in material and workmanship
for a period of one (1) year for OEM packages, and for thirty
(30) days for RETAIL packages, from the original Invoice date
unless otherwise restricted below or by the manufacturer's own
warranty policy. Defective returns and warranty service will be
replaced, exchanged or repaired at NCIX.com's sole discretion,
and based on vendor's policy.
NON-DEFECTIVE merchandise returns may be
accepted on some items ONLY within 15 days of the Invoice date,
at NCIX.com's discretion. All NON-DEFECTIVE returns are subject
to a 15% restocking fee. No refunds will be issued for blank media,
digital cameras (and accessories), opened software, printers,
printer supplies, paper, projectors (and accessories), appliances,
handhelds, PDAs, notebook computers, special order computers and
special order items.
Defective software, video games or DVDs
will be replaced by the SAME title and format ONLY (and subject
to current availability) within 30 days of the Invoice date. Software,
video games and DVDs may be returned within 30 days only if the
item is UNOPENED (with shrink wrap still intact) at the sole discretion
NCIX.com does NOT apply a surcharge
to credit card orders. Please read our RMA
& warranty policy and terms
& conditions for more information. If you have
any questions regarding our sales and warranty policies, please
send us a message -- we'll be glad to answer any of your questions.