SmartCoils are extruded PVC coils designed to be wrapped around soft vinyl and thin wall tubes, to eliminate tube kinking and flattening in medium to sharp bend areas.
SmartCoils are available in two different sizes:
- SmartCoils 500 for 1/2" OD tubing
- SmartCoils 625 for 5/8" OD tubing
Each size is available in 2 different colors: clear (transparent) and Ocean Blue.
The advantages of SmartCoils are multiple:
- Smartcoils do not restrict flow rate compared to the use of internal springs
- Smartcoils completely eliminate flattening of the tubes over time
- Smartcoils allow to bend soft tubing at sharp radii without kinking. The sharpest possible radius is achieved by spacing the coils close to each other (3/16"):
- Minimum bending radius for 1/2" Coolsleeves is 1.25"
- Minimum bending radius for 5/8" Coolsleeves is 2.5"
A 1.25" bending radius is achieved here with SmartCoils500
- SmartCoilscan be used with existing 1/2" OD tubing systems to reshape tubes that have flattened over time without disassembling the system.
- SmartCoils 625 now allow users of 7/16" or 1/2" ID tubing to use "thin wall" 5/8" tubes instead of 3/4", for a significant reduction in clutter inside the chassis, and radii that were absolutely impossible to achieve with 3/4" tubing.
4. Cost to consumers:
- SmartCoils are more economical than other solutions: the cost per foot including vinyl tubing is more than 50% less than Clearflex™, and more than one third the cost of Tygon™ tubing.
SmartCoils are shipped individually cellophane wrapped in precut 40" length. One length is typically sufficient for a single CPU cooling circuit depending on how tight the coils are wrapped around the tubing. Two lengths may be necessary for a complete circuit including dual CPU, CPU+VGA, or CPU+VGA+Chipset setups.