Just had a most excellent support request experience with your agent Ruth Guzman regarding an order I ..."
[ Edit |
Newest Features of Firmware V 2.1.0
QNAP TS-201 is a full-featured, 2-bay, RAID 1, hot-swappable Network Attached Storage (NAS) server which is ideal for SOHO (Small Office/ Home Office) and SMB (Small/ Medium Business) users who have networked storage requirements across Windows and Mac environments and users who desire to maintain the server by themselves instead of the MIS people. TS-201 is also an all-in-one server. These robust, easy-to-use, valuable software functions such as File Server, Backup Server, FTP Server, Web Server and Remote Replication are designed for the best data protection and usability. There is no need to spend effort to install other complicated software; you can set up your own server without IT professionals' help!
- QGet, Window-based remote P2P download management software
- Download Station: FTP/HTTP download, UPnP NAT port forwarding, Browsing by Mozilla Firefox on Mac OS
- iTunes Server
- UPnP Server is upgraded to TwonkyMedia v4.3
- HTTPS (SSL) for system administration, Web File Manager, Multimedia Station and Download Station
- Network Recycle Bin
- DDNS Service, DHCP Server
- Enable/ disable TwonkyMedia Port 9000 configuration page
- Enable/ disable FTP anonymous login
- The default maximum number of download tasks in Download Station is changed to 3.
- The default port range of download tasks in Download Station is changed to 6881~6899.
TS-201 Turbo Station - Enjoy your BT download anytime, anywhere!
- 2 x 3.5" SATA hot swappable hard disk bays
- Storage capacity up to 1.5TB (Maximum capacity)
- High performance RAID 1 for non-stop service
- Gigabit Ethernet with Jumbo Frame function for heavy throughput
- Easy to install, easy to setup, user friendly web GUI
- Powerful server management software
- QNAP unique triple backup technology:
> NetBak Replicator
> RAID 1
> Remote Replication
- BT download client embedded
- Most complete UPnP/DLNA functions: Internet radio, automatic multimedia file sorting
- Multi-protocol system support on Windows, Macintosh, TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP
- Double-byte language support for file name, user name and security settings
- High availability to keep enterprises operating continuously
- Affordable initial setup cost and no license fee
- Stylish design
|Non-Stop Service, Hassle Free Maintenance |
Storage at Your Fingertips
TS-201 NETWORK ATTACHED STORAGE (NAS) SERVER
TS-201 is a low cost full-featured, 2-bay, RAID 1, hot-swappable Network Attached Storage (NAS) server with a compact design. It provides shared data to clients and other servers on a Local Area Network (LAN). TS-201 is designed for medium/small office or solution providers who have networked storage requirements across Windows and Mac environments. TS-201 is also designed for users who do not have MIS people or who desire to maintain the server by themselves. Compared to a traditional file server, it is priced at a fraction of the cost. The compact size and large storage capacity provide highest price/performance ratio.
THE ADVANCED FEATURES OF QNAP TS-201 TURBO STATION
Large Capacity and Low Cost
TS-201 provides 2 SATA hot-swap hard drive bays and the capacity is up to 1.5 TB. The hot-swap SATA HDD interface costs at least 75% less than SCSI-based solutions. TS-201 offers affordable initial setup cost and competitive incremental cost.
Easy to Install
The front panel can be removed simply by unfastening the four thumb screws. There is no need to remove the upper case or deal with complicated wires. Simply lock the hard disks on the disk trays and insert them to TS-201. Connect the power supply and network cable, and finish a few installation steps. The server is ready to use!
Easy to Use
Browser-based Graphic User Interface (GUI) provides high usability for the administrator to manage the server and even BT download remotely.
Easy to Expand
Easy expansion and customization of storage space. Users can install one hard disk first and upgrade to 2 disks in the future when need more capacity. You can even connect external USB disk to further expand storage capacity.
High speed USB 2.0 transfer interface. Gigabit LAN supports Jumbo Frame ultra speedy bandwidth. With block level remote replication, transfer rate is further enhanced to shorten your backup time.
Multi-protocol system support on Microsoft and Apple networks.
TS-201 supports RAID 1 for 24 hours, 7 days a week non-stop service and easy maintenance. The intelligent on-line data rebuilding capability allows users to replace a failed drive by hot swap, this enables automatic data rebuilding to the new drive without suffering from any system downtime. The hard disk status and usage monitoring make sure data is secured by another drive and the system will alert the administrator automatically if any drive fails.
Powerful Management Software
- Easy File Sharing: Intuitive web-based interface to simplify management of user quota and folder access right. FTP can be set up easily for file sharing.
- Quick Installation Wizard (QIW): QIW can search and set up IP address on the LAN with just one click. Through QIW, DHCP or static IP configuration, overall system status and network drive mapping can be done easily.
- Reliable Triple Backup:
a. Handy backup software NetBak Replicator to back up data from PC or notebook directly to Turbo Station and restore backup files from the server to client computers easily.
b. RAID 1 mirroring and
c. remote replication further protect you from data loss.
- Powerful Embedded Server Management: Network settings for Windows and Apple, management of the major services, hard disk management, user access right, quota, group, share folder management, status and event logs, remote shutdown, sleep mode etc.
- Advanced Disk Protection Technology: Built-in HHS (HDD Health Scanning) technology to scan for bad blocks of hard disk to prevent potential data loss. Hard disk standby mode can be set to extend disk life.
One Touch Auto Copy
Simply connect a USB storage device (e.g. pen drive, digital camera) to front USB port of TS-201 and press the copy button, all USB data can be copied to TS-201 independent of PC.
128MB DRAM, 16MB Flash
2 x 3.5" SATA I/II HDD, support hot swap and up to 2TB (the HDD is not included)
1 x Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet port
USB, Status, HDD, LAN, Power
3 x USB 2.0, support USB printer,
disk, digital camera, pen drive, card reader, USB hub
Intelligent USB auto copy button
Compact cubic type
214(D) x 175(W) x 115(H) mm
Net weight: 2.4Kg
Gross weight: 3.5Kg
Humidity 0~85% R.H
External power adapter, 12V, 60W, 100~240V
Sleep mode 10.2W
In operation 25.2W
HDD sleep mode
Low power consumption & silent
Silent Fan Case
K-Lock security slot for theft prevention
QNAP Systems Inc. TS-201 Customer Reviews
Product reviews on NCIX.com are screened for relevance and inappropriate
content. Reviews may contain inaccurate information about the product.
If there is a discrepancy, please use the Flag this Review link
located beside each review. Reviews are not an endorsement expressed by
NCIX.com, but opinions from customers based on their own experience with
a product. We do not recommend you make purchasing decisions based on facts or opinions expressed regarding
QNAP Systems Inc. TS-201 reviews.
Reviews from the Web
Below are reviews found on other web sites for this product submitted by customers.
||The TS-201 offers an impressive feature set, plenty of value, and well designed final product. Even if you only ever use the QNAP TS-201 for a network file server, you will not be disappointed. Take my word for it though, and experiment with the web, FTP, and multimedia center functions through the
Submit a review link
| Latest 30 reviews
NCIX provides a 30 day limited warranty on this product. The remainder of the 1 year warranty is provided by the manufacturer. Warranty length may vary depending on manufacturer and product.
All pricing subject to change. For all prices,
products and offers, NCIX.com reserves the right to make adjustments
due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer
price changes, errors in advertisements and other extenuating
circumstances. Promotional offers from NCIX.com are subject to
availability and are available only while supplies last. No rain
checks will be issued on promotional items and offers.
While NCIX.com uses all reasonable efforts
to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, NCIX.com
makes no warranties or representations as to the Site's accuracy.
NCIX.com assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors
or omissions in the content on the Site.
NCIX.com warrants product(s) to be in good
working condition and free from defects in material and workmanship
for a period of one (1) year for OEM packages, and for thirty
(30) days for RETAIL packages (excluding laptops and notebooks), from the original Invoice date
unless otherwise restricted below or by the manufacturer's own
warranty policy. Defective returns and warranty service will be
replaced, exchanged or repaired at NCIX.com's sole discretion,
and based on vendor's policy.
NON-DEFECTIVE merchandise returns may be
accepted on some items ONLY within 15 days of the Invoice date,
at NCIX.com's discretion.
Laptops and Notebooks can be returned within SEVEN (7) days
from original invoice date. Return will only be accepted with original
packaging, accessories, cables, free gifts (if applicable), unopened software and
manuals and is subject to inspection before warranty approval. Laptop and notebook with
tampered serial numbers or UPC code will be denied returns.
GOVERNMENT & BUSINESS Laptop and Notebook purchases made with government or business POs can be returned typically within fourteen (14)
days from original invoice date. Return will only be accepted with original packaging, accessories, cables, free gifts (if applicable), unopened
software and manuals and is subject to inspection before warranty approval. Laptop and notebook with tampered serial numbers or UPC code will be
denied returns. Please check with your B2B sales representative for specific terms and details.
All NON-DEFECTIVE returns are subject
to a 15% restocking fee. No refunds will be issued for blank media,
digital camera (and accessories), opened software, printers,
printer supplies, paper, projectors (and accessories), appliances,
handhelds, PDAs, notebook computers, special order computers and
special order items.
Defective software, video games or DVDs
will be replaced by the SAME title and format ONLY (and subject
to current availability) within 30 days of the Invoice date. Software, Drones,
video games and DVDs may be returned within 30 days only if the
item is UNOPENED (with shrink wrap still intact) at the sole discretion
NCIX.com does NOT apply a surcharge
to credit card orders. Please read our RMA
& warranty policy and terms
& conditions for more information. If you have
any questions regarding our sales and warranty policies, please
send us a message -- we'll be glad to answer any of your questions.