Just wanted to say thank you for your service and support and the great products and prices you ..."
[ Edit |
| ||Intel® Core™ 2 multi-core|
GA-73UM-S2H supports Intel latest high performance CPU delivers the most energy-efficient performance available today. Based on Intel's Micro Architecture, the Intel multi-core processors with 4 cores and two shared L2 caches provide the best capability-per-watt solutions and are an ideal choice for multi-media enthusiasts and intensive multi-tasking environments. This cutting-edge processor offers significant performance boosts and provides an overall more energy efficient platform.
| ||NVIDIA GeForce 7150 / nForce 630i Chipset|
The brand new NVIDIA® GeForce 7150 / nForce 630i MCP (Media and Communications Processor) features CineFX™ 3.0 Engine. This unique combination of MCP creates a single motherboard featuring a world-class DX9, Shader Model 3.0 GPU for faster and smoother game-play, a high quality video processing engine for advance quality of video and DVD playback.
| ||Solid Capacitor for CPU VRM|
Stable system operation depends upon the quality of CPU VRM (voltage regulator module). GIGABYTE adopts Conductive Polymer Aluminum Solid Capacitors for CPU VRM to ensure a longer lifespan for systems in daily operation and boost system stability under extreme conditions. CPU VRM with Solid Capacitors featuring better electronic conductivity, excellent heat resistance enhances system durability even operating in high temperature environment.
| ||Windows Vista Premium Logo Certified|
Windows Vista Premium promises to deliver a streamlined computing experience designed to fundamentally change how users view, find and organize their digital information. With P965/G965/946/945 solutions all enabling support for Vista Premium, GIGABYTE offers a fresh and unique desktop experience that will be more informative, intuitive and completely new....more
| ||HDMI-The Next Generation Multimedia Interface|
HDMI is the latest High-Definition Multimedia Interface able to provide up to 5Gb/s video transmitting bandwidth and 8-channel high quality audio all through a single cable. Able to transmit superior, uncompressed digital video and audio, HDMI ensures the crispest rendering of digital content up to 1080p without the quality losses associated with analog interfaces and their digital-to-analog conversion. In addition, HDMI is compatible with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), allowing the playback of Blu-ray/HD DVD and other protected media content.
The Smart featured motherboards of GIGABYTE S series provide GIGABYTE proprietary innovative software such as Download Center, @BIOS, Q-Flash, Xpress Install, Boot menu, and Smart Fan. BIOS and driver management now becomes much easier and user friendly through GIGABYTE Smart features!...more
Safe is the key feature of GIGABYTE S series motherboards with the following elements: Excellent hardware design, reinforced BIOS protection through GIGABYTE Virtual Dual BIOS Technology and GIGABYTE BIOS Setting Recovery Technology. Unique system software such as Xpress Recovery 2, PC Health Monitor, HDD S.M.A.R.T., and C.O.M. further strengthen the stability and reliability of your PC!...more
| ||Supports DDR2 800/667 up to 4GB Memory|
Available with 2 DIMM slots supporting up to 4GB of DDR2 800 memory.
| ||SATA 3Gb/s storage interface|
The SATA specification doubles bus bandwidth from 1.5Gb/s to 3Gb/s. Native Command Queuing is a new specification that enables out-of-order execution of commands for efficient retrieval of data. Hot Plug support allows users to insert and remove hard disk drives without shutting off power to the system.
| ||IEEE1394 motherboard|
This motherboard with IEEE1394 FireWire interface from Texas Instruments (TI). With the transfer speed up to 400Mb/s, the new generation IEEE1394 interface further enhances PC connectivity with consumer electronics audio/video (A/V) appliances, and storage peripherals.
| || ||ALC889A with DTS Connect Enables a Superior Audio Experience|
Excellent Audio Performance
High-performance DAC (Digital-Analog Converter) with 106 dB Signal-to-Noise ratio playback quality, designed especially for Windows Vista Premium PCs.
Blu-ray/HD DVD Full Rate Audio Support
The ALC889A enables high quality Full Rate Lossless Audio for content protected media and support for both Blu-ray and HD DVD formats for an exhilarating home theater entertainment experience.
7.1+2 Channel High Definition Output
The ALC889A provides support for 7.1 sound playback, plus 2 channels of independent stereo output (multiple streaming) through the front panel stereo outputs.
| ||Gigabit LAN connectivity|
The Gigabit network interface delivers a high speed LAN connection with data transfer rate up to 1000Mb/s, providing new generation connectivity for the broadband era. Gigabit LAN is ideally for seamless internet connection such as streaming audio and video contents.
| ||RoHS compliant|
As a member of the global community to look after the environment, Gigabyte complies with the European Union's Restriction of use of certain Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directive which limits the use of lead, mercury, cadmium and other hazardous substances in electronic products.. From components and material selection to production processes, make up of accessories, packaging/color boxes etc; GIGABYTE has carefully examined and designed this product to be 100% RoHS compliant. GIGABYTE will continue to develop RoHS compliant PC components and commit valuable resources to promoting and advancing RoHS directive goals and objectives.
* The specification and pictures are subject to change without notice.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.
**L2 cache varies with CPU
- Support for an Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme processor/Intel® Core™ 2 Quad processor/Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor/ Intel® Pentium® processor Extreme Edition/ Intel® Pentium® D processor/ Intel® Pentium® 4 processor Extreme Edition/ Intel® Pentium® 4processor/Intel® Celeron® processor in the LGA 775 package
|Front Side Bus||1333/1066/800 MHz FSB|
|Chipset||NVIDIA® GeForce 7150/nForce 630i|
- 2 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 4 GB of system memory
- Support for DDR2 800/667/533 MHz memory modules
|Onboard Graphics||Integrated in the nVIDIA® GeForce 7150/nForce 630i chipset|
- Realtek ALC889A codec
- High Definition Audio
- Support for S/PDIF In/Out
- Support for CD In
- RTL 8211B chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot
- 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
- 2 x PCI slots
|Storage Interface||NVIDIA® GeForce 7150/nForce 630i chipset: |
iTE IT8718 chip:
- 3 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATAII0, SATAII1, SATAII2) supporting up to 3 SATA 3Gb/s devices
- 1 x eSATA 3Gb/s port on the back panel supporting up to 1 SATA 3Gb/s device
- Support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 0+1
- 1 x IDE connector supporting ATA-133/100/66/33 and up to 2 IDE devices
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector supporting up to 1 floppy disk drive
- T.I. TSB43AB23 chip
- Up to 2 IEEE 1394a ports (1 on the back panel, 1 via the IEEE 1394a bracket connected to the internal IEEE 1394a header)
- Integrated in the NVIDIA® GeForce 7150/nForce 630i chipset
- Up to 10 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 on the back panel, 6 via the USB brackets connected to the internal USB headers)
|Internal I/O Connectors|
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector
- 1 x IDE connector
- 3 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 1 x system fan header
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x CD In connector
- 1 x S/PDIF In/Out header
- 1 x IEEE 1394a header
- 3 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x parallel port header
- 1 x serial port header
- 1 x chassis intrusion header
- 1 x power LED header
|Back Panel Connectors|
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard port
- 1 x PS/2 mouse port
- 1 x D-Sub port
- 1 x DVI-D port (Note 1)
- 1 x HDMI port
- 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
- 1 x eSATA 3Gb/s port
- 1 x IEEE 1394a port
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- iTE IT8718 chip
- System voltage detection
- CPU/System temperature detection
- CPU/System fan speed detection
- CPU overheating warning
- CPU/System fan fail warning
- CPU/System fan speed control
- 1 x 4 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AWARD BIOS
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.3, ACPI 1.0b
- Support for @BIOS
- Support for Download Center
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for EasyTune (Note 2)
- Support for Xpress Install
- Support for Xpress Recovery2
- Support for Virtual Dual BIOS
- Norton Internet Security (OEM version)
- Support for Microsoft® Windows® Vista/XP
- Micro ATX Form Factor; 24.4cm x 22.0cm
|Remark||(Note 1)The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.|
(Note 2)Available functions in Easytune may differ by motherboard model.
- Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
- Due to most hardware/software vendors no longer offer support for Win9X/ME. If some vendors still has Win9X/ME drivers available, we will publish on websit
Customer Reviews of (Gigabyte GA-73UM-S2H)
Product reviews on NCIX.com are screened for relevance and inappropriate
content. Reviews may contain inaccurate information about the product.
If there is a discrepancy, please use the Flag this Review link
located beside each review. Reviews are not an endorsement expressed by
NCIX.com, but opinions from customers based on their own experience with
a product. We do not recommend you make purchasing decisions based on facts or opinions expressed in these reviews.
5 star: (0)
4 star: (1)
3 star: (0)
2 star: (0)
1 star: (0)
Experience: 7 Days
| Verified Owner
Great board for an HT PC with IGP. Teamed this up with a Onkyo TX-SR805 HDMI capable receiver and LG combo HD DVD drive, installed in a Antec Fusion 430 (V2) black case (clip the LCD Display IR receiver leads to save you some grief there), driving a Aquos 1080p display. Used the stock Intel CPU fan, barely hear it. It runs normally at 32-35C with the CPU fan speed in auto varying about 750-1000RPM. The 2 case fans are set to low and maintain the system temp below 36C (normal temps, though I have seen 39-45C CPU temps with some overclocking and 90% CPU movie runs). This is with the PowerDVD 3716 updated OEM version, SPDIF sound selected, and Nvidia 169 WHQL drivers just released. Works with sleep mode (S3) well. I installed Vista Home Premium twice, the first time having issues with multiple player apps (experimenting - some were trial/beta versions) and their codecs and WinTV HVR-1600 issues from Media Center for some reason still undetermined. A second clean install was easiest way to fix and this time only uses 1 playback app. I like the maturity of the Nvidia driver set and support in player apps seems mostly ready for ATI and Nvidia (right now, temporary situation I hope, the Intel graphic are getting better for HTPC use now) so another plus for this motherboard choice. I wanted eSATA on the back, most other decent mATX choices are missing this feature. I use a PCI tuner board for video capture only, and a inexpensive PCI-E (1X) wireless car Abit Airpace (not MB related but this might help many folks - the Windows update and CD ROM supplied drivers target the AR5006 chipset and did not work, I had to force install a AR5007EG model AR2425 driver). I like the external antenna to get out from behind the chassis stack in the AV rack.
Video bitrates above 28MBps sustained or 30MBps peaks may cause brief stuttering (2 seconds one time in one movie).
Pirates3(BR) with uncompressed 5.1 sound option drive CPU to 100% easlily and one scene in Transformers(HD-DVD) pegs the CPU. With a E6750 CPU running at 2.8GHz there is 1 scene in Transformers where the MPEG4 bitrate goes over 30MBs and stutters, but is only 2 seconds. Very repeatable though. This board does not have a dual channel memory controller, but does access the DDR800 memory (2GB used) very well (according to 3rd party perf tests viewed).
If you want to run uncompressed sound tracks (up 7MBps bitrate seen so far versus the normal 448K to 1500KBps rates) some MPEG4/AVC movies will push this system to 80-100% CPU and stutter some. MPEG2 and VC-1 movies run much better, usually 20-40% with some 60% peaks. PowerDVD UI says it is not using the hardware decoder for some reason. I think it is though. Maybe some bugs to work out still?
Regular 5.1 Dolby/DTS soundtracks work great. The 7150 graphics is just enough to get through most all movies perfectly. If you want the most perfect playback possible with this board, you might use a PCE-E external graphics board, or try the Q6600 CPU. I wanted to avoid the +40Watt heat hit for the quad core CPU so saved some $$ and selected the E6750, and waited to see what the IGP could do. Can always add an external graphics board later if needed especially when the software to pass the 8 channel True HD over HDMI becomes available (to me at least). The current Nvida boards only pass through SPDIF (via an internal connector from the motherboard) over their HDMI port and I am still watching the ATI 3850 series boards with onboard audio/HDMI to see what they can/could do looks like only 5.1 still so no advantage there for audio. I am very happy with this system, very economical also (as far as HD capable htpcs go). You could go with a fanless CPU cooler, but the stock one is barely noticeable, only hearing it when it speeds up under high load and I am listening for it. While I think this is one of the best MBs for for IGP htpcs available today, I rated this MB at 4 stars as the video and memory could use some beefing up for the fullest HD scenarios with uncompressed audio turned on and MPEG4 challenges. This could be a software player performance/driver issue though, with the board getting the blame! This review was modfied by poster m 12-26-07 11:37 PM
This review was modfied by poster @ 12-27-07 12:51 AM
First 30 days limited warranty through NCIX.com. The remainder of the 3 year warranty is provided directly by the manufacturer.
Currently Gigabyte accepts end users’ requests on RMA service.
Motherboards, Video cards, servers and Rackmount server boards carry three years limited warranty.
Warranty Effective On Date of Manufacture
Gigabyte determines warranty based on the manufacture date. The manufacture date can be verified by the serial number found on the product. The first four digits after "SN" determine the year and week of manufacturing date. For example:
"01)04719331729028(21) SN0213030585" represents the 13th week of 2002
RMA Request Procedures and Guidelines
All RMA request forms must be completed in order to obtain a RMA number
RMA request with missing or incorrect serial number(s) may result in a delayed process or a rejection of request
- Any model discrepancy for received items may result in a delayed processing timeProducts received with no RMA number may delay processing or refusal
(Gigabyte will not be responsible for items received without proper information)
No cross shipping or advanced replacements under any circumstances
Products will either be repaired or replaced at our discretion
- Replacements may include new or refurbished products
(Replacements will be for the exact or equivalent product)
- Average turnaround time will be 2-3 business working weeks upon receipt (applies to quantities not exceeding 20 pieces)
- If the information on your request varies from the actual item(s) received, RMA will be based on the actual item(s) received
- RMA numbers will be valid for 30 days after issued date
- Gigabyte will provide one way freight via UPS or FedEx ground free of charge
- For consecutive violation for No Trouble Found (NTF), a testing fee per NTF board or system may apply.
Warranty Period by Product
- All motherboards carry a 3 year limited warranty (First 2 years parts & labor, 3rd year parts only)
- Graphic Accelerator Cards (VGA)
- All graphic cards carry a 3 year limited warranty (First 2 years parts & labor, 3rd year parts only)
- Servers(Server Boards/Barebone Server System)
- Server Boards carry a 3 years limited warranty (First 2 years parts & labor, 3rd year labor only)
- Rackmount server boards carry a 3 year limited warranty (First 2 years parts and labor, 3rd year labor only)
- Rackmount components carry a 2 year limited warranty
- PC Barebones System
- Motherboards assembled with barebones systems carry a 3 years limited warranty (1st year parts & labor, 2nd and 3rd year labor only)
* Gigabyte shall provide the fees/charges for parts upon testing of motherboards in their 2nd and 3rd year of warranty
- Peripherals (Coolers, Keyboards, Mouse, Optical Devices, etc.)
- All peripherals carry a 1 year limited warranty
- All notebooks carry a 1 year limited warranty
- Wireless and Networking Products
- All wireless and networking products carry a 1 year limited warranty
Please register at http://rma.gigabyte.us/for your RMA account!
All pricing subject to change. For all prices,
products and offers, NCIX.com reserves the right to make adjustments
due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer
price changes, errors in advertisements and other extenuating
circumstances. Promotional offers from NCIX.com are subject to
availability and are available only while supplies last. No rain
checks will be issued on promotional items and offers.
While NCIX.com uses all reasonable efforts
to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, NCIX.com
makes no warranties or representations as to the Site's accuracy.
NCIX.com assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors
or omissions in the content on the Site.
NCIX.com warrants product(s) to be in good
working condition and free from defects in material and workmanship
for a period of one (1) year for OEM packages, and for thirty
(30) days for RETAIL packages, from the original Invoice date
unless otherwise restricted below or by the manufacturer's own
warranty policy. Defective returns and warranty service will be
replaced, exchanged or repaired at NCIX.com's sole discretion,
and based on vendor's policy.
NON-DEFECTIVE merchandise returns may be
accepted on some items ONLY within 15 days of the Invoice date,
at NCIX.com's discretion. All NON-DEFECTIVE returns are subject
to a 15% restocking fee. No refunds will be issued for blank media,
digital cameras (and accessories), opened software, printers,
printer supplies, paper, projectors (and accessories), appliances,
handhelds, PDAs, notebook computers, special order computers and
special order items.
Defective software, video games or DVDs
will be replaced by the SAME title and format ONLY (and subject
to current availability) within 30 days of the Invoice date. Software,
video games and DVDs may be returned within 30 days only if the
item is UNOPENED (with shrink wrap still intact) at the sole discretion
NCIX.com does NOT apply a surcharge
to credit card orders. Please read our RMA
& warranty policy and terms
& conditions for more information. If you have
any questions regarding our sales and warranty policies, please
send us a message -- we'll be glad to answer any of your questions.
Advanced Store Price Match