Security: The PCI-Express independent data transfer structure provides secure performance, important because audio requires continuous-secure data processing.
Sound: With a D/A converter of 120dB level, high end audio components, and an analog design tuned for peak performance, the X-Fi™ Forte is designed to provide the best audio possible for Music, Games and Movies. End-users can further tune the audio via the replaceable OPAMP for the front audio (L/R).
Performance: By using the latest Creative native PCI express chipset, the Auzentech X-Fi™ Forte provides high performance audio processing on-board while freeing system resources for other tasks. With 64MB X-Ram, it processes complicated 3D sound effects with ease.
- Low Profile Audio Card
- Developed around Creative X-Fi Native PCI Express audio processor
- Support for Dolby Digital Live for Windows XP and Vista
- Support for DTS Neo:PC & DTS Interactive for Vista
- Low-profile and standard-profile brackets included.
Minimum System Requirements
- Intel® Pentium® 4 1.6 GHz or AMD® Athlon XP 2000+ processor (Pentium 4 2.2 GHz, AMD AthlonTM XP 2400+ processor or faster recommended)
- Intel, AMD or 100% compatible motherboard
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® 64-bit with Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Vista 32-bit with SP1, Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2005 or Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004
- 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM for Windows Vista)
- 600 MB of free hard disk space
- Available PCI Express® (x1, x4, x8 or x16) slot
- CD or DVD ROM
Rear Panel Brackets
The X-Fi™ Forte includes two rear panel brackets, a Standard bracket and a Low Profile bracket. Use the appropriate bracket for your PC.
RCA/TOSLINK Combo Jack: Can connect to external DAC, AV Receiver, and Decoder through a 75Ω Coaxial cable or optical mini cable. Can play S/PDIF Stereo PCM and Dolby Digital AC-3, DTS bit-stream content.
3.5mm(1/8 ”) stereo mini-phone jack: Includes an independent Headphone amp and can activate an impedance 16Ω ~ 600Ω headphone or earphone. Also, can be used, when configuring a Stereo system, not using the Analog I/O cable, as an Front Line Output.
Note If you connect a Passive Speaker (with lower than 16Ω) to this Headphone output, it can cause this audio card to not function correctly.
Analog I/O Multi Connector
D-SUB 15 pin connector: Connect the Analog I/O cable bundled in this package and use for Mic input, Line input and 8-channel line output Jack.
Analog I/O Cable
MIC input connector
3.5mm(1/8”) mini phone jack (Pink color label: ‘MIC IN’): Connect Stereo/mono unbalanced condenser microphone and input, record audio from the MIC through the audio card. Also, connect to Balanced Dynamic Microphone through the jumper setting of this audio board.
Line input connector
3.5mm(1/8”) stereo mini-phone jack (Blue color label: ‘LINE IN’): Connect CD player, MP3 player from their headphone output or line output, and input/record audio through this audio card.
Front Line output connector
3.5mm (1/8”) stereo mini-phone jack (Lime color label: ‘FRONT’): Connect Active multichannel speaker or AV Amplifier’s “Front”.
Rear output connector
3.5mm(1/8”) stereo mini-phone jack (Black color label: ‘REAR’): Connect Active multichannel speaker or AV Amplifier’s Rear. Connectiowheabove 4-channel system is needed.
Center/Woofer output connector
3.5mm(1/8”) stereo mini-phone jack (Orange color label: ‘C/SW’): Connect Active multichannel speaker or AV Amplifier’s Center/Woofer. Connectiowheabove 5.1 channel system is needed.
Side output connector
3.5mm(1/8”) stereo mini-phone jack (Gray color label: ‘SIDE’): Connect Active multichannel speaker or AV Amplifier’ Side. Connection to 7.1 channel system is needed.