TD-8816 is designed to provide a simple and cost-effective ADSL Internet connection for a private Ethernet network.
The Router is easy to use. The TD-8816 connects to an Ethernet LAN or computers via standard Ethernet ports. The ADSL connection is made using ordinary telephone line with standard connectors. Multiple workstations can be networked and connected to the Internet using a single Wide Area Network (WAN) interface and single global IP address. The advanced security enhancements, IP/MAC Filter, Application Filter and URL Filter can help to protect your network from potentially devastating intrusions by malicious agents from the outside of your network.
The TD-8816 supports full-rate ADSL2+ connectivity conforming to the ITU and ANSI specifications. In addition to the basic DMT physical layer functions, the ADSL2+ PHY supports dual latency ADSL2+ framing (fast and interleaved) and the I.432 ATM Physical Layer.
- Access a high-speed DSL Internet connection
- Up to 24Mbps downstream speed
- Supports Annex M, which can double upstream data rates
- QoS prioritization based on ToS, DSCP, service type or 802.1p
- Triple Active Firewalls: SPI, NAT and Packet Filter
- Supports DHCP, Universal Plug-and-Play (UPnP), and includes a user-friendly Setup Wizard which takes you through configuring your network, step by step
- Administer and Upgrade the Router Remotely over the Internet