Solid State Drive - SSD
  Unlocked Smartphones
  USB Flash Drives
  Video Cards
  Webcams
  Wired Routers
  Wireless Accessories
Testimonial Box
"I recommend you to all of my friends based on the levels of service I have recieved. This is especially crit..."
— spotter
Read More
Write Review

NCIX.com Forums

FORUMS »

THIS HAS BEEN THE SCUMMIEST BANKRUPTCY I...
Subject:

This has been the scummiest bankruptcy I ever seen.

Share this:
PREV   |   NEXT   1 2  
Author Date Posted Tools

+ Clucker's reply was modded down - click here to view

Sam Dec 01, 2017 05:23 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (3) | Top | Bottom

Oh, they aren't going bankrupt...they're restructuring or ______________ insert  whatever misleading term you want. NCIX is gone. Any locations that will open up will be called C A N A D A C O M P U T E R S

Tip Posting | My Postings (290) | My Reviews (12) | View Source | Report
Sam Dec 01, 2017 05:37 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

yup...this is how Trump continues to have supporters.

Blacknight3 Blacknight3 Vip Member Dec 01, 2017 06:09 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

Yes Clucker because , Oh lets say, the Sears Canada bankruptcy (a company which by the way was run by your so highly vaunted Westerners) was so morally much better.

Seriously are you that deluded that you think this is any better or worse than any other?

Tip Posting | My Postings (4562) | My Reviews (59) | View Source | Report
Alan_W22 Dec 01, 2017 08:14 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

blacknight you are delusional and deluded - have you seen how lord Wu treats his staff?

Tip Posting | My Postings (14) | My Reviews (0) | View Source | Report
jakeElwood Dec 01, 2017 09:14 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Alan, Clucker, superDork whatever your name is

How does what one person you call lord Wu have anything to do with blacknight's point?

Hint: Nothing at all. They are 2 separate things and blacknight is correct.

Edit: I dont see anyone defending NCIX either. Rant if you want but at least make sense.

This message was modified by the poster at 12 01, 2017 09:16 PM

Tip Posting | My Postings (2883) | My Reviews (0) | View Source | Report

Blacknight3 Blacknight3 Vip Member Dec 02, 2017 06:13 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (3) | Top | Bottom

Clucker, you may not remember it, because without a forum site, most people involved do not have a means to get that information out there. However having been directly involved in several bankruptcies in the past it does happen, as well as employees being treated much the same as the ones here. At least right up until the court appoints the trustees to look after things. That's usually when some of the dirty behind the scenes antics come out. They may not be revealed to the general public like this, but believe me sir they are there and every bit as nasty.

I feel sorry for the many people that continued to order and may not receive their product, although with any luck cc companies will look after that for them. Most of all I feel sorry for the employees and their families who have lost their income at this time of the year. Maybe a lot will find other employment, but any loss at this time hurts.

I'm not in any way defending the practices that NCIX used, and have said as much although in a somewhat more civilized manner. What they did was wrong, both professionally and in my opinion also morally. There should have been a clear and concise disclaimer made, such as the one posted by Greg, a long time ago. However such are the moral ethics of many large businesses that things like that never get done until far too late

This message was modified by the poster at 12 02, 2017 06:56 AM

Tip Posting | My Postings (4562) | My Reviews (59) | View Source | Report
Tricky212 Vip Member Dec 03, 2017 06:13 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

Have some respect. People got laid off. I hope you get laid off you immoral piece of ****.

Tip Posting | My Postings (70) | My Reviews (0) | View Source | Report
Graham_D2 Dec 03, 2017 07:45 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Meh. Show me a tidy, clear, and smooth bankruptcy. It's in the name. Things fall apart and you want to call it, yet think it's a revelation? NCIX going down is not good for the consumer. That's just a fact. Less players is never better for consumers.

Tip Posting | My Postings (13) | My Reviews (0) | My Profile | View Source | Report

jakeElwood Dec 03, 2017 08:01 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (4) | Top | Bottom

How does this degenerate Clucker have over 4k posts?

How did I not notice this behavior before?

Tip Posting | My Postings (2883) | My Reviews (0) | View Source | Report

Jimmy2Times Vip Member Dec 04, 2017 02:24 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

Maybe it is someone who was active and known in the forum for a long time, but changed his profile name just recently after the bankruptcy?
I changed my profile name a while back and my post/review stats remained,

This message was modified by the poster at 12 04, 2017 02:40 AM

Tip Posting | My Postings (187) | My Reviews (20) | View Source | Report

Clucker Dec 04, 2017 07:26 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Thank God this place is going down. You nerds wouldn't be able to pull this *****on any other respectable forum. Have fun though comrade.

Tip Posting | My Postings (4472) | My Reviews (16) | View Source | Report
DJZ DJZ Vip Member Dec 04, 2017 07:56 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Where do you summon all that anger from? =_=

Tip Posting | My Postings (7845) | My Reviews (43) | View Source | Report
Jimmy2Times Vip Member Dec 04, 2017 08:08 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Strange eh?
From reading his old posts and reviews, he was quite happy with NCIX when they built his PC.
I think the handling of this company's bankruptcy is quite disgusting myself, but i don't feel a need to personally attack other forum members or people trying their hardest to do a crappy job.

Tip Posting | My Postings (187) | My Reviews (20) | View Source | Report
Coach_ Coach_ Dec 04, 2017 08:15 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

I have not "seen" any other bankruptcy's. How many have you all "seen"?

FWIW NCIX filled my points orders last week and the last one should arrive today. So my last experience with them was good :)

Tip Posting | My Postings (6112) | My Reviews (19) | View Source | Report
William_L28 Dec 04, 2017 09:11 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

I feel this bankruptcy is rather shady myself.
But I'm not going to direct my anger at every NCIX employee nor the forum members here. Telling someone to kill themselves is just childish.

I'm not happy that there's been no communication to users other than forum posts here from Sam and Greg. I'm sure only a small fraction of paying customers even browse these forums. Whether it's the upper management and Steve WU, or just Steve WU. Someone needs to held accountable and do something for all the screwed over customers waiting for their money.

Tip Posting | My Postings (35) | My Reviews (0) | View Source | Report
Mr. Friendly™ Mr. Friendly™ Dec 04, 2017 10:17 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

my goodness.

just because you've filed for bankruptcy doesn't mean you have to suddenly stop operating. you can still sell products...usually what you have stocked.

that's likely what's happening here.

Tip Posting | My Postings (36069) | My Reviews (76) | View Source | Report
MisterKnowItAll Dec 04, 2017 01:41 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

NCIX recently honored some money owing to me. In hindsight, this was a bigger deal than I thought because they likely knew their fate at that point. So although their prices started to tip a bit high of the past year or two, I'm not happy one bit about this situation. To the OP, give yourself a couple days to realize you are way way out of line. If you think everyone here is ganging up, then that might say something. Everyone is wrong or you're right? I don't like forum censorship but you got to find another way of saying things. Consider too they didn't ban your account which would be far more aggravating. Am I wrong?

Tip Posting | My Postings (13) | My Reviews (0) | My Profile | View Source | Report
Clucker Dec 04, 2017 05:12 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

LuL.

But yeah, the amount of sneaky stuff they were pulling was beyond absurd. I have just not seen a situation like this where all the problems can be attributed to the owner. Judging by the lengths of deception they were pulling up to the last moment before SOMEONE else declared they were bankrupt just rubs me the wrong way.

Tip Posting | My Postings (4472) | My Reviews (16) | View Source | Report
MisterKnowItAll Dec 04, 2017 07:23 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

You have a better understanding of that aspect of this than I do. I see your point. NCIX is a small town type of company and people supported them. They could have been open about this, as a show of respect/gratitude for the customer loyalty. I think the customer base was NCIX loyal and yes that should count for something. Maybe at some point they will at least write a letter to their customers about all this. That would be the decent thing to do. Maybe most of what you've seen is just not defensible in any way. Silence isn't good though because they aren't Target or Sears. If I'm running NCIX and this thing goes down, at the very least, I write an open letter.

This message was modified by the poster at 12 04, 2017 07:24 PM

William_L28 Dec 04, 2017 07:53 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Customers waiting for refunds and having to contact their cc/bank to reverse charges. No communication at all from the man in charge. This is just downright disgraceful.
Where is Steve Wu in all this? Does he live local to the Vancouver area? Is he fleeing the country? If he lives local I'd love to have a word about the $1800 he owes me.

Craig_C Dec 04, 2017 08:09 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

I doubt Steve Wu could do anything for you at all at this point. I believe that there should be trustees appointed to see the bankruptcy through the liquidation process, and they would be responsible from the point of bankruptcy.

Tip Posting | My Postings (6) | My Reviews (0) | View Source | Report
William_L28 Dec 04, 2017 08:13 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Yeah, I know. But I'd still love to give him a piece of my mind though.

Sam Dec 04, 2017 09:18 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

No doubt NCIX took more than a few chapters from Sears Canada senior management handbook...and of course, like with Trump there will be always a few vocal characters and their supporters who continue to condone the business practices of bad management. I bring up Trump again mainly because I'm seeing many people these days copy some of his tactics, thinking, and behavior.

As Linus said in his youtube video, much of the critical comments about NCIX, especially recently have been "pruned".

This message was modified by the poster at 12 04, 2017 09:19 PM

MisterKnowItAll Dec 05, 2017 07:57 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

Regarding situations regarding orders, cancellations, refunds, etc, think about this. Next to zero staff. Aggravating? Of course. But why be mad about water being wet? The business literally fell apart. Nobody should expect smooth anything. If you lose money I get the anger but inconvenience having to contact a bank etc? Big deal. This is a bankruptcy folks. We don't complain about ice being cold because it's what ice is. It's like some people take the situation personally which is confusing to me.

FragYourFriends FragYourFriends Dec 05, 2017 09:46 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

Becoming illiquid then insolvent is about the worst an outlet can go through. Advice to not place orders. How is NCIX to pay for items if they are insolvent? A leader has fallen there's no doubt about it. Probably following advice from corporate consultants that growth must continue and trying to branch out into retail. How to do that in the PC Parts market...not likely.

This message was modified by the poster at 12 05, 2017 09:47 AM

Tip Posting | My Postings (462) | My Reviews (17) | View Source | Report
PREV   |   NEXT   1 2  

Image Box Left

Recent Experts

Image Box Right
Image Dot
1. Mr. Friendly™ (58923)
2. Babaghan (22376)
3. Cannon Fodder (9794)
4. Ace Mcool (290)
5. Terrence H (52)
Image Dot
Image Box Left Bottom Image Box Right Bottom
Image Box Left

All Time Experts

Image Box Right
Image Dot
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)
Image Dot
Image Box Left Bottom Image Box Right Bottom

International Sites:  Canada
Copyright© 2017 NCIX.com/Netlink Computer Inc. All rights reserved. / Server ID: 58  421 ms
Page last updated: 12/18/2017 04:44:54