"the Ncix rep, Ryan, gave me exactly what i needed in an awnser and understood me although i sent a really sh..."
Customer Reviews of Addonics RRIS8DR
Product reviews on NCIX.com are screened for relevance and inappropriate
content. Reviews may contain inaccurate information about the product.
If there is a discrepancy, please use the Flag this Review link
located beside each review. Reviews are not an endorsement expressed by
NCIX.com, but opinions from customers based on their own experience with
a product. We do not recommend you make purchasing decisions based on facts or opinions expressed regarding
Addonics RRIS8DR reviews.
- Install up to eight 3.5" SATA hard drives of any capacity of your choice
- Type of RAID set up: 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50, 60, and JBOD(Just a Bunch of Disks)
- iSCSI storage over Gigabit network
- Redundant power supply
- Industrial grade 4U rack mount chassis
- Build Redundant Multi-Terabyte RAID Volumes - A total of 256 logical volumes can be added to the iSCSI subsystem. The on-line volume expansion and RAID level migration features makes the iSCSI subsystem an excellent choice for accommodating future storage requirements. This iSCSI subsystem supports nearly every type of RAID, including 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50, 60, and JBOD(Just a Bunch of Disks). RAID 6, ideal for mission critical servers, provides protection against the failure of one or two hard drives and enable complete data recovery from the remaining data and parity drives. There are also support for global and dedicated hot spare disks that can be allocated to redundant RAID volumes for automatic volume rebuild.
- Advanced Management Capability - The iSCSI subsystem is managed and controlled via a web based GUI (Graphical User Interface), accessible from any browser over the local network. For remote access, SSH (secure shell) client software can be used to manage the ISC8P2G from virtually any location with an internet connection. The Management GUI features a robust set of management options including low level access to the connected volumes, event notification via email, SNMP trap, browser pop-up windows, Syslog, Windows Messenger and many others. The intuitive LCM (LCD Control Module) located in the front panel provides a set of easily accessibly Function buttons for simple system administration.
- Multiple Snapshots with Scheduling - The iSCSI subsystem comes with an integrated Snapshot module. The Snapshot, similar to the roll back software or the Windows System Restore, enables the iSCSI to record the state of the storage system at the preset time intervals without any interruption to the application access. This provides additional protection against data corruption and faster data recovery in case of a disaster, virus infection or an inadvertent data modification.
- 4U height
- Constructed with heavy duty cold rolled electroplated steel
- Integrated 500W redundant power supply (model: AARDPS500)
- Dual 90x90mm cooling fans (51CFM each) included
- Intelligent Thermal Management Card included
- Supports connection of up to 8 cooling fans
- Two ambient temperature detect terminals
- Built-in overheat buzzer
- LED connectors for fan, temperature, and power
- On / Off control for each cooling fan and temperature setting (40°C, 50°C, 60°C)
- Detailed diagram and specifications
- Front Panel
- LED displays - Power, HDD Activity, Fan, and Temperature
- Front accessible switches - Power On / Off, System Reset, Buzzer Reset
- 8 Snap-In Mobile Racks
- 1 iSCSI subsystem
- Rear panel
- 3 RJ-45ports -
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports with load-balancing and fail-over for high availability.
- 1 port for iSCSI monitoring and configuration
* requires optional serial console
- Dedicated iSCSI storage appliance with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports with load-balancing and fail-over for high availability
- Supports Hardware RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50, 60, JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks)
- 8-Ports (model # ISC8P2G-S) - accommodates up to 8 individual SATA hard drives
- Up to 2TB storage volume per SATA port - Maximum storage capacity is 16TB
- Snapshot module for protection against data corruption and faster data recovery
- Housed in heavy duty steel chassis with ventilation holes
- Onboard 1GB memory
- Controller Components
- Intel IOP 81331
- Onboard memory 1GB DDR 333 ECC SIMM
- UARTs for serial console management* and UPS
- Dedicated Fast Ethernet port For Web-UI
- Backend: SATA 1.0, 1.5Gb/s or SATA 2.0, 3Gb/s disks
- Front-end: 2 GbE Ethernet ports
- LCM supported for easy management use
- RAID & Volume Operation
- RAID level: 0,1,0+1,3,5,6,10,30,50, 60 and JBOD
- Up to 256 logical volumes in the system
- Global and dedicated hot spare disks
- Write-through or write-back cache policy for different application usage
- Dedicated or shared cache allocation for volume usage
- Multiple RAID volumes support
- Configurable RAID stripe size
- Online volume expansion
- Instant RAID volume availability
- Auto volume rebuilding
- On-line volume migration
- Advanced Data Protection
- Local N-way mirror
- Off-line array roaming
- Smart faulty sector relocation
- Enclosure Monitoring
- S.E.S. enclosure management
- UPS management via the specific serial port*
- Voltage monitor
- Thermal sensors on the controller board
- Management Interface
- Management UI via
- Serial console*
- SSH telnet
- HTTP Web UI
- Event notification via
- SNMP trap
- Browser pop-up windows
- Windows Messenger
- Online system firmware upgrade mechanism
- Built-in LCD module to control most enclosure components
- iSNS & DHCP support
- CHAP authentication mechanism support
- Host & Drive Connection
- 2 x GbE ports support independent access, fail-over, or load-balancing
- MC/S feature
- Microsoft Multipath IO (MPIO)
- iSCSI jumbo frame
- CHAP authentication
- Data/Header digest
- SCSI-3 compliant
- Multiple IO transaction processing
- Tagged command queuing
- Access control in LUN usage: Read-Write & Read-Only
- Hard drive S.M.A.R.T. enabled
- Up to 32 host connection
- Compatible with Windows, Linux, & MAC Operating Systems
NCIX provides a 30 day limited warranty on this product. The remainder of the 1 year warranty is provided by the manufacturer. Warranty length may vary depending on manufacturer and product.
All pricing subject to change. For all prices,
products and offers, NCIX.com reserves the right to make adjustments
due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer
price changes, errors in advertisements and other extenuating
circumstances. Promotional offers from NCIX.com are subject to
availability and are available only while supplies last. No rain
checks will be issued on promotional items and offers.
While NCIX.com uses all reasonable efforts
to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, NCIX.com
makes no warranties or representations as to the Site's accuracy.
NCIX.com assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors
or omissions in the content on the Site.
NCIX.com warrants product(s) to be in good
working condition and free from defects in material and workmanship
for a period of one (1) year for OEM packages, and for thirty
(30) days for RETAIL packages (excluding laptops and notebooks), from the original Invoice date
unless otherwise restricted below or by the manufacturer's own
warranty policy. Defective returns and warranty service will be
replaced, exchanged or repaired at NCIX.com's sole discretion,
and based on vendor's policy.
NON-DEFECTIVE merchandise returns may be
accepted on some items ONLY within 15 days of the Invoice date,
at NCIX.com's discretion.
Laptops and Notebooks can be returned within SEVEN (7) days
from original invoice date. Return will only be accepted with original
packaging, accessories, cables, free gifts (if applicable), unopened software and
manuals and is subject to inspection before warranty approval. Laptop and notebook with
tampered serial numbers or UPC code will be denied returns.
GOVERNMENT & BUSINESS Laptop and Notebook purchases made with government or business POs can be returned typically within fourteen (14)
days from original invoice date. Return will only be accepted with original packaging, accessories, cables, free gifts (if applicable), unopened
software and manuals and is subject to inspection before warranty approval. Laptop and notebook with tampered serial numbers or UPC code will be
denied returns. Please check with your B2B sales representative for specific terms and details.
All NON-DEFECTIVE returns are subject
to a 15% restocking fee. No refunds will be issued for blank media,
digital camera (and accessories), opened software, printers,
printer supplies, paper, projectors (and accessories), appliances,
handhelds, PDAs, notebook computers, special order computers and
special order items.
Defective software, video games or DVDs
will be replaced by the SAME title and format ONLY (and subject
to current availability) within 30 days of the Invoice date. Software, Drones,
video games and DVDs may be returned within 30 days only if the
item is UNOPENED (with shrink wrap still intact) at the sole discretion
NCIX.com does NOT apply a surcharge
to credit card orders. Please read our RMA
& warranty policy and terms
& conditions for more information. If you have
any questions regarding our sales and warranty policies, please
send us a message -- we'll be glad to answer any of your questions.
Get Deal Alerts in your Inbox!
Don't miss out on the latest coupons and rewards.